PDA

View Full Version : nothing like good head.

flush
07-02-2002, 11:07 AM
I was looking at some performance parts, and noticed that they do make aftermarket headers for the the late 80's fuel injected honda accords, but not the carburated. is there really a difference? would it be at all possible to bolt one on without any problems? I really dont want to put a freaking hood scoop to put in intake, but I cant seem to find anything else that is worth my time to make a real difference in performance. please help

PA88ACCORD
07-02-2002, 11:27 AM
lets see. i was pondering the same question and did my research (did not buy anything yet though lol) weber carb will make a little power. this is what i am buying at the end of the month. and the pace setter header will work with the carbed cars. with these 2 options and a 2.5" exhaust with a hotter coil you will have a little more. We will not be speed demons but will run strong.

flush
07-02-2002, 12:50 PM
pace setter headers? where do you find this? (ie web site, perf. store) I also heard those webers hit the hood. yes, no?

PA88ACCORD
07-02-2002, 01:41 PM
webers do not hit the hood as for the headers they sell them on carparts.com among other places.

CARBurn
07-02-2002, 07:31 PM
No webers won't hit the hood, they will however get rid of all those endless vacuum lines.

As for headers, don't be fooled by the DC headers that only say for fuel injection. You can fit them in your car, just have to plug up one the the holes. Other than that you can get them.

As for the pacesetter, they are good too(less pricey at least), they just don't come with a flexpipe, so you will hear your car rattling, due the the downpipe vibrating against the crossmember. Some people can live with the rattling some can't, I had not choice but to get a flex pipe welded on, cuz while on the highway my pipe connecting to the cat broke, and the guy at the muffler shops said it was because the pacesetter header makes things too rigid with out a flexpipe, So I got one installed.