PDA

View Full Version : snowing in car?

Burban88
01-16-2004, 12:51 PM
My wife drives my accord, she said there isn't much heat again and there is snow coming from the vents! Is this possible? I haven't looked at it yet, it's so damn cold right now. The heat problem, I have a leak in the radiator about 3/4 the way up I found after flush and fill when there wasn't heat before. So before I look should I have her committed to the state hospital or is there some way snow is getting in?

Vinny
01-16-2004, 12:58 PM
its not going to snow in your car, well I wouldn't think so unlkess you have moisture in your vent system. In order for that your air blowing out would have to be below 32 degress and a fine mist of air comming out at the same time.

You really should keep a better eye on your maintenance issues especially if your wife drives the car. As cold as it is up there right now I'd fill it with a 50/50 mix and put a piece of cardboard infront of the radiator to keep the cold air off it. Just remember to take it off when it warms up

Dibbs
01-16-2004, 01:04 PM
I'd fill it with a 50/50 mix and put a piece of cardboard infront of the radiator to keep the cold air off it. Just remember to take it off when it warms up

Ahh....Ghetto Engineering at it's finest :D

Bloodlust
01-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I had the same problem. It was last winter though, and i think when i started my car up about a half hour ago I felt a little puff of flurries come through my vents.

dXsquared
01-16-2004, 02:04 PM
the intake for the blower fan is right behind the wipers... i think... anyway, if this is full of snow, you might get a blast of snow when you turn the heater on

Travis

k-roy
01-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Snowball fights when you warm up the car. Yeeha.

shepherd79
01-16-2004, 02:53 PM
you should replace the radiator.