PDA

View Full Version : Insurance.

Bryan
01-17-2004, 11:19 AM
How much will your insurance change every time you add a part? How do you not let them know? Do you legally have to tell them? can you name the part and tell me how much your insurance jumped when adding it? Do rims increase insurance? Thanks much.
Bryan.

BITESIZE
01-17-2004, 11:21 AM
My insurance only rises about once every other month..............Speeding tickets!:)

Your insurance shouldn't rise for puting parts on....WTF.....never heard of that before.

k-roy
01-17-2004, 11:25 AM
The only way your insurance will change is if you add "aftermarket Parts" to your coverage. This is up to a certain amount, say $2,000 or $5,000. So if your rims and stereo get stolen it will be covered. If you don't have this insurance you will end up with a lot less money back from your claim if they get stolen.
Every time you add a part its not nessasary to inform them of the change.
"How do you not let them know?" By not telling them, duh.
I had $4,000 in extra coverage because I had a $2,500 stereo, rims and a rare size of tire. It cost me about $20 more a month, it was worth it when my stereo got stolen.

Bryan
01-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Alright thanks guys.....yeah a friend of mine was telling me how he had to pay like 75 more a month because of some shit he added. Bastard just wanted it to look better than mine....we'll see about this....

k-roy
01-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Hmm I just had a thought. With my insurance once you add boost you are required to list the car as "highly modified" witch is essentially a sports car rate.

lightbulblxi
01-17-2004, 02:18 PM
yea, it is agood idea to insure your wheels/ stereo. these kinda things get stolen aa lot around here.

Mike89Accordcom
01-18-2004, 02:50 AM
I never added mine to my insurance, so it never went up. I did too many mods to do tell them everytime. Screw that....

Mystic1
01-18-2004, 03:16 AM
Never tell your insurance about performance mods. An old room mate of mine made that mistake with his 75 Nova that was a daily driver that met all the requirements for Pro Street drag racing. His car was reported to the DMV and banned from being used on public streets. The only way he could get around it was to totaly strip the performance parts and re-register as a passanger vechical after going threw all of the same steps that you have to go threw to clear up a junked title.

nswst8
01-18-2004, 08:01 AM
Yeah the insurance company is there to make money, but if you use your noggin you can find some pretty reasonable coverage.
But just remember the insurance company is/will not replace anything that was not original factory option when the car was purchased. So if you have a wad of cash stashed in your ride get the additional coverage.
Insurance base a portion of their profit from the ingnorance of their clients, you paying for coverages you don't actually need.
LOL
NSWST8 :cheers:

RobT5580
01-18-2004, 09:45 AM
I cant wait to see how much mine goes up when im done but im going to insure it for a very large amount unless they do the reciept thing but i have a folder no joke like 4 inches thick. I will have to find out but im not going with out it cause i will die if something happened to my car unless i get a fat check for it even though i would be devistated least i would be compensated.

I dont know if anyone saw the 2002 or 2003 Gumball rally here in the U.S. but the guy with the Yellow M3 Dado got his car stolen in NYC but he insured it for $100,000 (somewhere around there) so he kinda didnt car to much but i probably woundnt either if i beat the shit out of my car like he did. But insurance companies are all different so i will see how mine works but i will pay what ever it is if within reason.