PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Meet this summer!!!

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2004, 09:21 AM
The date is June 26th.
Where: Mankato, MN

Current plans are on the newest post.

-Mike

Bryan
01-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Hey man, I have AIM and we def. need to talk about this. I am in Eau Claire which is like an hour and 10 minutes away from Minneapolis. Mall of America would definetly be great. You know all those big parking lots near the gas stations at the edge of their property? Well we could def. set up there and have all the cars there cause not many people park there and when we decide to go inside we can go into the parking garages and all that good stuff and then come out and cruise for a bit. I think we should def. have it in July though. Because school is just getting out and the place is a pain in the ass. Hey get in contact with me and i'll help you set it up.
Bryan.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-21-2004, 03:15 PM
That's great! I was thinking about those same parking lots :cool2: Great for a bunch of people. My aim name is AccordSpec89 .

I hope we will have a bunch of interest b/c not many mid-west meets happen. Just east or west coast stuff happens all the time. So it would be cool to have meet here.

Bryan
01-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Great minds think alike...hah....Anyway, I would talk to you on aim, but you're on idle right now. So whenever you get back talk to me even if I have an away up. I will check it so often in-between studying for finals.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Yeah I'm at my g/fs house and she doesnt have AIM so I can only talk on there at my house. I have MSN at both place if you have it. Mike's89AccordLX is my screename there.

-Mike

Bryan
01-21-2004, 03:29 PM
I'll download it right now. Give me a minute or two.

Bryan
01-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Ok try to talk to me on msn... Cause it won't let me talk to you. My thing is [email protected]

Bryan
01-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Let's set one up for April at the mall of America. Anyone in?

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Come on guys all you MN people better be posting on this b/c there's no reason for not showing up. I traveled 2200 miles round trip last summer to goto a meet the least you can do it drive an hour or so.

Cyric_accord
02-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Well, I would, but April is not a good month for me.... college kind of gets in the way without a job... gas would kill me from Kenosha.

Summer would be better for me since I'd have a job then

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2004, 05:50 PM
I want it in the summer b/c it's a lot easier that way.

Rendon LX-i
02-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Im in. i live in iowa. i go to mall of american. i got some friends that prolly come to. but they dont have 3gs. idk if u guys mind. but count me in. july or june. doesnt matter. my msn addy is [email protected] if u wanna add me on to talk. laters

sporkHSP
02-24-2004, 06:08 PM
the only way i could possibly make a MN meet would be if it was in Milwaulkee... i got a freind who lives up there and i might be visiting him this summer anyway, otherwise there is pretty much no hope for me to come... and the chicago people wouldnt be too far away either...
and what about the Canadians on the board, why dont we get them to come down...

and if you wanna get real support post a thread about this meet called like 3Geez Convention Summer 2004 or something like that, make it sound BIG.

87hatchback
02-24-2004, 07:44 PM
depending on the date maybe we all could meet up wisconsin 3 geez and minnesota 3 geez like on the same weekend or same day do like a mini cruise or something ......i would be interested. please keep me informed.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-25-2004, 07:09 AM
That sounds like a cool idea. Talk to us on aim or msn when you have a chance.

Rendon LX-i
02-27-2004, 08:00 PM
so whats going on then? we doing this for sure. or whats the deal. i got like 4 cars going with me? R/T stratus,94 Accord, 96 Acura Integ Ls, and my fast and the furious friend with a 99 oldsmoble interg. and they wanna go bad. so do i. they have never see a 3g nice other then mine. i know some stuff about minn. so keep me up dated Mike.

Glowin Smurff
02-27-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm from MN, used to be Mpls area, but now St. Cloud, i'd show up if it was a weekend thing and depending on what my work schedule was that week. but i've got a lil work needed before i even want to take a picture of it again, like getting a new drivers-side window......

EvilPenciler
02-28-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd be there if its end of july timeframe

Mike's89AccordLX
02-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Alright so far the date is still up for discussion. I talked with a couple people and we'd like it in mid June if possible since I'll be going to HIN in July.

This is for sure. There's enough interest for me to go. It's going to be at the Mall of America in a huge parking lot across the street. The couple people I have been talking to think we're going to bring a shop broom and clean a big spot for us in that parking lot b/c then we won't need to worry about nails and etc...

I guess what we're going to do is also still up for discussion as well. We could go eat at the MOA and maybe do some shopping. I know my g/f would like that so if you're going to bring you g/f's they can do the same. Then later on we could do a cruise with our cars. I'm not 21 and I'm sure most of you guys aren't either so going to go drink or anything. I plan to do this on a weekend since most of won't be able to get off of work during the week.

Post up some ideas of what you want to do and where you want to eat.

-Mike

Mike's89AccordLX
03-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Does anyone that lives in the Minneapolis area know of any place that does dyno testing? If so that would be pretty cool if we could do that with a bunch of our cars for part of the day. And I have always wanted to know for sure how much hp I was running. If no one volunteers to look in the area up there I guess I will be able to try and find a place but I would rather not do it since I don't know any shops that do it there.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-02-2004, 07:27 PM
I just want to let everyone know that the meet is open to members that don't have their 3geez anymore or if they want to bring friends along that have cool cars.

Glowin Smurff
03-03-2004, 09:34 AM
i think Xtreme Imports or Xtreme Auto Trenz Might have a dyno (not sure if AT is still around) they're both in the mpls area, or atleast were

Mike's89AccordLX
03-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Well my instructors told me to just look up dyno testing in the yellow pages so I guess that's what will have to be done.

Rendon LX-i
03-23-2004, 10:04 PM
so whats going on with this meet. i wanna go but theres no date on june. whats the deal mike. I wanna know which date this is on. so i know ahead of time.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Alright guys I think the date will either be June 19th or June 26th. I think the 19th would be best since its further away from July 4th and gas would be spendy.

I have also been trying to find dyno testing places and the places aren't being very nice for prices.

Here's an idea you can toss it out if you want. I was searching around for 1/4 mile tracks and I found one in Eau Claire, WI "Rock Falls Raceway" but I know my g/f will not be happy. And there wouldn't be much of anything else but race the cars. I think there was a guy from Eau Claire, WI that was coming to the meet so maybe we could have him see if there's a park we could grill at or some good spots to eat and maybe some hotels.

What do you guys think about that? That's the closest track I could find.

-Mike

Mike's89AccordLX
03-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Rock Falls Raceway
Eau Claire, WI
(218)-262-6523
1/4 mile drags

I would like to know if you guys would like to do the track or the mall. It's really up to you b/c I'm sure I will make a trip to both this summer.

-Mike

Bryan
03-27-2004, 08:37 AM
I live in Eau Claire....

Rendon LX-i
03-27-2004, 01:43 PM
either one dont brother me.

Bryan
03-27-2004, 03:38 PM
I think the drags would be fun.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Well its really up to you guys b/c I could go to either. Bryan were you saying earlier that you couldn't have it in June b/c you will be out east? And there's always HIN in July so maybe would could do the MN meet in late July b/c I think HIN is on the 12th of july?

-Mike

fuzzy audio
03-27-2004, 09:52 PM
not that I have anything to show off in my car, but I'm moving back to minnesota in june, plan on being back there sometime around the 23rdish? Anyway, i'd be cool to meet you guys.

Rendon LX-i
03-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Ight guys. I think the meet in minnsota is better. the fact that there is more Shit to do. So when is this meet going to be. thanks. let me know

Bryan
03-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Yah, June i'm out east, but July would work if everyone else can, but if someone can't make it in July just have it in June and i'll catch another one.
Bryan.

P.S. I live in Eau Claire where the drag strip is. For more info on Eau Claire and stuff just talk to me.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-28-2004, 09:12 AM
I will just take the intiative and just say June 26th thats a Saturday. And fuzzy audio it doesn't matter if your car is stock it's just to hang out with some 3geez members and have a good time. Let me know if that date will work with you guys.

I think what I will do is sometime in July or August I will just goto Eau Claire and hang out with bryan and goto that track b/c I really want to get my car some time slips so I can know what it's actually doing.

-Mike

Mike's89AccordLX
04-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Alright guys so are we still meeting at the mall of america or do you want to just hang out somewhere else? I still want to have a meet b/c it would be fun as hell to hang out and show off some cars and chill out.

-Mike

fuzzy audio
05-01-2004, 08:03 AM
DUDE! My dad works at MOA. We are leaving on the 22nd, so all being fair I might be able to make the 26th.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Well that's cool! Bring some friends if you want I know some of us are bringing friends with other hondas.

-Mike

fuzzy audio
05-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Well I might bring my little bro. 4gee Wagon. My mom drives a 9x's Legend. Dad drives a 4gee accord. Just a bunch of Honda lovers. :p So I'm sure I can bring some friends even if they don't have Honda's.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Yeah it's pretty much open to whoever. As long as they aren't Honda Haters :)

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Alright guys the time is almost here we need to get this right. While I was walking with my g/f I was thinking about the meet and well since most of the people are coming up from Iowa why don't we just meet here in Mankato and have a grill out at one of the parks here? At least here I would know where stuff is and we could goto the mall here if you're bringing your g/fs. There's a few performance shops here we could go to if you wanted. That way you people from IA wouldn't have to drive 80 more miles and I could organize things a lot better than it would have been if it were at the MOA. Let me know what you guys think about this. Throw out some ideas for me.

-Mike

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Been talking with Rendon and we're going to have it in Mankato or North Mankato at one of the parks to be decided. We will probably cruise around town take lots of pics and I will try to get some in town 3geez to maybe join the site and come to the meet.

There's plenty of parts stores and performance shops in town so if you need something. There's a store called PROS that has a ceramic pacesetter header on the wall so if you want one I could find out the price and maybe we could talk them down a bit since it has been there for over a year.

-Mike

fuzzy audio
05-25-2004, 10:48 AM
I like MOA better, but that may be because I will have just driven from WA to MN. :)

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 10:51 AM
I think most of the people from IA like this better and I think that it will be setup a lot better than what it would have if it were at the MOA. I added this event to the 3GEEZ Calander. And thanks to GhettoAccord the thread was made a sticky like 10 minutes after I sent him a pm. Good job Ghetto!

fuzzy audio
05-25-2004, 10:53 AM
I'll try to make it, but it might be a stretch.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Sorry about the hassle who know if I get off my ass I could maybe make a prize drawing or something. Maybe that would get some more people to come.

-Mike

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 11:12 AM
I could possibly set up a drawing for a set of clear corners or maybe some 3G prelude si rims and tires. I have to get some materials before I promise anything though and find out if the lude rims would fit on our cars.

-Mike

Yangboi03
05-25-2004, 11:23 AM
hey i live in la crosse, wisconsin.................wel jus tell me where it is in MN............so that i will be able to come and i hope my car is ready by then too.................also i can bring some frands who have some not so bad looking cars....................

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 11:26 AM
That's cool bring some friends. It's going to be in Mankato, MN. And once we get a bunch of people signed up to come we should decide what we're going to do for grilling. You can either bring your own stuff or we can set something up for you. Oh well we can figure that stuff out later.

-Mike

Rendon LX-i
05-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Like mike said its going to be the 26 of June. Mike were we going to meet up at?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 11:34 AM
We could meet at the park if I get really good directions for everyone or we could meet somewhere else.

-Mike

We could meet at the mall here in the Target Parking lot near the back of the lot so we could easily find eachother or something too.

I think for the drawing we could either have it a free drawing with less stuff or we could charge like $5 or $10 for tickets for the stuff.

Possible stuff:
91 Prelude Si Rims and tires
Legend Bumper lip (sedan)
Mazda 626 bumper lip
possibly clear corners
and maybe more stuff depending on how we do this.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Alright guys this isn't going to happen now. There's just not enough people that want to do this and I have so much stuff going on right now that I won't be able to host it on this date.

-Mike

87AccordsterLx
09-23-2004, 07:20 PM
If there are no objections I will take this off sticky... If you would like it back up just let me know.