PDA

View Full Version : Amp cutting out, I don't get it?

Jdub07
07-03-2002, 08:13 AM
My amp only powers the subs when a cd is playing but not when the radio is playing? Just started doing this this morning. Everything has been hooked up for over a month and was working like a charm. Any suggestions as to what is causing this??:werd:

Vanilla Sky
07-03-2002, 08:33 AM
try messin with you EQ... it might be that it cleared it's memory for some reason, and if you have seperates, that could be the problem

weren't you havein problems with it before???

if it gets complicated, go to someone willing to tinker with it and who knows what they are doin

Derick

Jdub07
07-03-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Vanilla Sky
try messin with you EQ... it might be that it cleared it's memory for some reason, and if you have seperates, that could be the problem

weren't you havein problems with it before???

if it gets complicated, go to someone willing to tinker with it and who knows what they are doin

Derick

It had a similar problem before...it wouldn't power when playing cds and would for radio...all it was was the antena wire...fixed that and it worked fine. But you touched on something in your post about the memory being cleared for some reason....would this have to do with disconecting the battary. I did a tune up last the other day and had the battary out. If so how do I go about reseting the memory?

Jdub07
07-03-2002, 12:39 PM
There has to be some more suggestions I am out of idea's.

XBLCanterX
07-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Make sure everything is grounded correctly, check all connections (behind head unit and on amp)...double check your radio (antenna) wire connection. As far as reseting you HU there is usually a small button under the faceplate (if its detachable) that you need to pus in (and hold), its probably small so youll have to use a pen or something.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-03-2002, 04:51 PM
A while ago I went to play a CD and nothing happened, tried to eject the CD, nothing happened. Tried to switch to the CD player on the menu and it wasn't there even though there was a CD in it. I reset my H/U and didn't have a problem with it since.....anytime your H/U is working then stops all the sudden resetting it usually fixes the problem. My reset button is right below the H/U like Canter said, yours might be somewhere else. If you have trouble finding it check in the owners manual.

Bobs89LXi
07-04-2002, 11:33 AM
I agree with Tek. Try resetting the head unit. The new ones are so dependent upon the microprocessor that if it has a brain fart, everything goes nuts. Most reset buttons are a small recessed microswitch, usually located somewhere on the front. On the removable face units, it is located behind the face. You'll need a pen or even a toothpick will work in a clinch. :D

pimp86LX
07-07-2002, 11:27 AM
haha "brain fart" stupid digital logic :-P

Jdub07
07-08-2002, 08:11 AM
Thanks...I was searching and searching for the reset button on the outside of the the H/U. I didn't even think to check behind the faceplace. I have the explorer today so will try your suggestions right after work! Thanks again and I'll post my results!