PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Spoon Se-i

3rd GEN
01-20-2004, 11:51 AM
well..i didn't want to post up yet cuz it's very sad..and it's hurts just to think about it or even look at her..but yes saturday nite, my poor baby met her fate:(

i was following my buddy home and we were approaching an intersection, when the light changed.. my friend at first hesitated to go through the amber light, but then he decided to stop..well i had lots of room, but i didn't think he was gonna stop as fast as he did..and he knew that too..so i hit the brakes, brakes lock-up...i start sliding at about 60-65km/h and i slid rite into the rear of my buddies car..

damage is severe if not fatal for my car.. the whole front-end is basically gone..the rad blew and engine died on impact..the right side took the worst..the right headlight is about 3inches back of the left headlight, the battery got pushed and moved under my intake, my engine is actually sitting on an angle cuz it broke the motor mount aswell..so ya..it's not pretty..
i am 100% sure it will be a write off:(..which is really sad..cuz my car is soooooo rare, and there is no more like it around:( i don't want it to be written off..but i'm sure it will be..cuz i think there will be more structural damage aswell..

my buddies car will most likely also be a write off..his was driveable, but it wasn't driving straight, and by the time he got it home, it was leaking gas..he has a 92 EG sedan civic..man i feel sooooooo shitty and bad...but there was nothing i could do:(

unless the insurance company decides to fix it or if i ca find another 3g exactly like mine...i think that will be the last of me having a 3g..time to get a teg:)
i will most likey be getting a 90-92 gs teg..then do full jdm conversion..:)

but anyways..i will let you guys know whats gonna happen..
rite now, my baby is hurting..badlly:(

mykwikcoupe
01-20-2004, 12:25 PM
sorry to hear about that. I know its hard to say goodbye to a good car. if you deside to part it out Ill make it worth your while and your close to me so no shipping required. If you are interested in this option PM me. Also do you have any pics of the car. i lost all mine when i swapped computers.

Sure was a pretty car

lightbulblxi
01-20-2004, 05:34 PM
that blows man, nice lookin car.

'A20A3'
01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah dude, I always did like your coupe. The color was great. Sorry about your loss but if you really liked the car you should try to get another one before you go and buy a Teg.

Was your friend that you hit pissed off?

Post some pics of your car if you're willing.

Hope everything works out for you man.

Bryan
01-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Damn bro, so are you ever going to start over?

PortugalFocus
01-20-2004, 05:40 PM
it's sad to say goodbye to a car you love............

MrBen
01-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Had something similar happen to me, except my friend was an idiot and did not tell me his brake lights were not working. I smashed my drivers side headlight in. I fixed it... slowly... but now you can't tell it ever happened.

Reading your story made me realize how much worse it could have been. Unfortunately it was out of my control just as it was for you. Sure, had you seen it earlier you MIGHT have been able to stop in time, but I doubt it.

I'm sorry that happened and I hope things get worked out alright.

adams86lxi
01-20-2004, 09:05 PM
sorry to hear that, the car in your sig is awesome!

nswst8
01-20-2004, 09:41 PM
If you please lets pay our respects to the few that try to modivate us on.
My deeepest sympathies. At least you wern't hurt.
NSWST8 :cheers:

od2681
01-20-2004, 10:04 PM
is it fixable damage
cuzz that really sucks man....im always worried bout crashing my car or somethin...cuzz i go close to people
maybe should start putting distance between me and other cars when i pass people
are you gona part it out?
if so ...im interested in the rims

3rd GEN
01-20-2004, 10:28 PM
thanks for your remorses guys.. you guys are the best..
ya i love my car to death..all though i knew it was gonna be writtin off the nite of the accident..when i got the call from the insurance company today, telling me the car is a total loss..i wanted to cry again..it hurts alot to see it gone.. and each nite i keep thinking if only i could go back to that nite and it would be ok..but in the morning when i wake up, and i see my car is gone...it hits me..and it hits good..it's like loosing a best friend or your pet for that matter..and now that thing isn't around...it's weird..

ya my buddy's car is gonna be a write off to unfortunately..he wasn't pissed at me cuz he knew there was nothing i could do..so we are all fine..
everyone was shocked when i told them cuz they are all like " ahh man. NO that was such a sweet car" and yes it was..and there is NO more of it's kind around...and i totalled it:( shitty..very very shitty...

if the damage wasn't soo bad, obviously i want it back and they would fix it..but honestly, i don't want another 3G unless i can get one identical to mine back.. which i won't..and thus, i am gonna get a DA teg and swap in a jdm B16 motor.
so my new project will begin a new life on a new car

i will get some pics up soon:)

3rd GEN
01-20-2004, 10:29 PM
haha sorry bro.. i'm gonna keep the rims..VERY rare and hard to find!
but if for some reason i decide to let them go, you'll be the first to know

blazin3gen
01-20-2004, 11:02 PM
o man that sucks alot of ass i feel like crying :(

hey if your gonna part it can i have your cup holder tray pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

od2681
01-21-2004, 07:18 AM
yeah those are hard to find....dont look expensive but look great....

3rd GEN
01-21-2004, 08:12 AM
right now my car is at the insurance companies lot..i had the car towed home the nite of the crash..so i took most of my stuff out of it already..but we are gonna go back so i can chop off my exhaust, get my intake, ground wires,deck,and some other small stuff..and i'm gopnna try to keep the rims too...depending how much they are gonna give me for my car..

i'm just really sad and pissed off cuz i totalled one of rarest cars around..he;;, the tow-truck driver when he came had never seen that kind of car b4!!!!!!! and mine was almost mint!! very clean..i babied that thing..damn it!! soooooo shitty!!

mykwikcoupe
01-21-2004, 08:32 AM
well if tis cheap enough to get the car back from the insurance company. get it and ill get the interior and the rear disk swap off you. The last time I totalled my car thay wanted 172 to get it back. If its cheap hell Ill even buy it from you. What color wasd the interior and what kind of condition was it in

RobT5580
01-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Iv never seen an Sei coupe in that color looked nice it will be hard to find another one but they are out there you just have to be paitient. I doubt you will find that color again though cause the only ones i have seen are the blue ones and iv looked at about 5 of them so far but none were nice enough for me to buy. Maybe i will find one when i look for another coupe.

but good luck and i would see what the buy back is as well. The insurance company just gave my friend his truck because im sure they didnt want to pay the towing and crap so they never even took it from him and he still has a clear title cause they didnt stamp it.

mykwikcoupe
01-21-2004, 08:59 AM
the ones I mostly see as the dark grey/charcoal ones with tan interior. Ive seen a few greay interiors but not many. In my case green goes good with tan or grey interior.

3rd GEN
01-21-2004, 09:12 AM
ya i will look into that and see what it is..but ya mine is one of the only ones of it's kind around..and mine was 5-spd too!! thats what made it even more rare!

my interior was black..and in excellent condition..same with the rest of the car..almost mint!! thats why i'm soo sad, cuz it is such a beautiful car.now it's gone:( such a waste...and i dun have enough$$ to fix it up myself..otherwise i wouldnt hesitate and i would fix it..if i was loaded and i had cash..i would fix her up in a heart beat! she was an awsome car..everyone knew me cuz of my car..it was the cleanest one around

NXRacer
01-21-2004, 09:52 AM
thats really sad to see such a nice coupe go. You should deffinately buy it back from the insurance. I bet you could pick it up for pretty cheap and make your money back selling the parts from the poor thing. I feel for ya. When i wrecked my coupe i was pretty sad, but i kept it and its slowly being brought back to life.

SteveDX89
01-21-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your car. It looks pretty nice from the pic. I'd love to buy that entire interior but don't have the money. I hope everything works out for you and you can another 3g. We gotta keep you around.

Post 1000...Yeah baby!

hkplayer
01-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Best of luck to you and your future car endeavours, please stay with the site if you can as well.

'A20A3'
01-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Wait a damn minute...if you have the money to buy a Teg and do a JDM swap, then what the hell do you mean you don't have enough to fix it?

If you really love that car so much, why not just keep it and fix it instead of getting a common Integra?

$.02

3rd GEN
01-21-2004, 01:05 PM
well you see..i don't have the $$ to fix it..I am gonna use the money that the insurace company gives me for my car, to buy a teg.. then EVENTUALLY do a JDM swap on it..

but i can only do 1 or the other..i can either buy the car back for the amount it is...then i have NO car and i get NOTHING back for it...
or i leave it and the insurance company will give about $4000-$5000 for my car

if money wasn't an issue i would buy my car back in a heart beat...i'm sure it can be fixed..but just not for what the car is worth..thats why it is a write-off..

of course i'm gonna stay with you guys...keep checkin out fellow 3gez..and giving my 2 cents when you need it..and who knows..i may end up getting another 3g at somepoint..

SteveDX89
01-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Is 4000-5000 dollars in Canadian currency? You wouldn't get that much in the states.

'A20A3'
01-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Damn man that sucks...if I ever totaled my car I would rather not have a car than have to part ways with mine.

I believe it's what the car's worth to ME. Not some company. Just look at Jared for instance. Well, whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck. Just don't forget your 3G.

blazin3gen
01-21-2004, 01:22 PM
dont let it die man ask jared he didnt let his baby die and look at it now!

anywayz best of luck bro! dips on cupholder tray :D hehe

Justin86
01-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Well that sucks but at least you will be staying in the Honda Family. :sadwave:

3rd GEN
01-21-2004, 02:06 PM
i know..i'm still very upset..i don't wanna let my baby go either..she is a beautiful car that had lots of potential..but with the amount of damage done to it.it's just not practical to fix it..then i'm fixing it outta my own pocket and i get nothing from the insurance company..and since i'm covered for everything..i might as well take the cash for my car and get a new one..
ya my car is worth about $4000-$5000 Canadian dollars..
however i still need to go back and get my deck, speakers, spoon exhaust and other stuf from it...and yES i will grab the cup holders..haha

of course i'm gonna stay in the honda family..i wouldn't get anything else..
and i will never forget my baby..i have a picture of her on my wall above my bed to look at each nite in memory of her...i'll try and get an imagestaion album up sometime in the next few days:)

'A20A3'
01-21-2004, 02:10 PM
So wait, they're gonna give you the money, in exchange for you're 3G?

What the hell are they gonna do with it? You should come up with a plan to keep your 3G, and then use the insurance money to fix it. Granted you'll still have to pay some out of your pocket but if you really love the car then it shouldn't matter to you.

The reason I'm insisting upon you keeping the car is that it's just too gorgeous to throw away.

$.02

i.c.
01-21-2004, 04:18 PM
sad sad story...your car is so nice too... :(

blazin3gen
01-21-2004, 05:54 PM
yea im pretty shure u can get insurance money and u can get the car back also

'A20A3'
01-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking blazin, so why not just do that then?

I don't know too much about Canadian money however, so what does $4K-$5K convert to in American dollars? Probably still something in the thousands, which should help VERY much in getting the car fixed. The only big problem would probably be if the frame is bent or not, but even if it was there's frame-pullers for that. Look at Paul's Aerodeck, he's fixing it after a serious rear-end collision, and his frame was bent...Jared fixed his LX-i when it seemed to be just a piece of junk metal to everyone else, and he's got over 300,000 miles on his! I figure, 3rd GEN, if you love your car as much as you say you do, you're getting a large sum of money, and you know for a fact that people just like you that have had their cars 'claimed' as totaled, and then gotten them fixed, then why not just keep your SE-i instead of getting an Integra. You know it youself that you car is very rare, and hard to come by, especially with the color and transmission type. Why not be unique and keep it, rather than getting an Integra which can be seen everyday?

I just don't see the point. Not directed at you personally or anything 3rd GEN, but why are people such sellouts today? People have little to no faith in just about everything and are almost always willing to give up just because it's easier for them to do. It's pathetic and I know I will never let myself become one of those people. I'd rather die first.

Sorry for the long post, I just don't want to see yet another beautiful and rare 3G go down the shitter.

i.c.
01-21-2004, 06:51 PM
dude...if your gonna part it how much you want for the lip?

SteveDX89
01-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Insurance companies don't give you the car and the cash. You get one or the other. Why would they give you the money that equals the value of the car and the car? That's bad business for them. I know this because I totalled my last car. I had the same decision. Keep the car and pay out of pocket to fix it or let it go and pay back what I owed my mom on it. I let them have it. They just send it off to the junkyard.

mykwikcoupe
01-21-2004, 09:32 PM
I believe I have dibs on whatever i want as i posted first about parts. Especially that black coupe interior.

Every car that I have ever had totalled or knew a friend that was totalled they give you fair market value for the car as a replacement and then AS A CHOICE you can opt to buy it back for what is normally the towing and storage fees. I totally want most of that car from you. It sounds like your near washington on the canadian side and if so Ill come up there and pick this stuff up. I want the sei rear disk brake setup, The ENTIRE interior, the rims if you decide you dont want them, the lip if it is still slavageable from the accident. Ill decide more as I see pics and whatnot. Im absolutly sure you could get the cost of the buyback by selling the 5 speed swap parts to a fellow member. I bought both of my kits for 200 each. Anyway let me know and ill start driving up there

3rd GEN
01-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Steve is right..i don't get both.. i either get back the value of what my car is worth..which could be in the neighbourhood of $4000-$5000 or i can buy the car back..even when i buy the car back..i'm already paying out of my own pocket to buy the car back..and then i gotta pay the thousands it's gonna cost to fix it up again..
plus i'm also without a car..and i don't have the money to go buy a second car, while fixing my se-i..if i did ..i'd do it no problem..cuz i would badly liek to keep my car..but $$ is a problem..and i just simply can't afford to keep it..otherwise i would..
so the insurabce company will then pay me the value of my car, so i can go buy another car...otherwise..they keep that $$ and they are getting more money from me to buy the car back...so why would i wanna pay even more outta my pocket, when i'm already covered for all that stuff by insurance? it's a tough decision..and it's very hard..cuz i love my baby more then anything..and yes, she is still a very gorgeous car, and i don't want to see her go to waste either...

but like i said..i just don't have that kind of cash! shit...........i seriously don't know what to do..cuz i know it is an extremely rare car..and i will never find one liek it again:(

blazin3gen
01-21-2004, 11:26 PM
post pics of the accident and ill tell u if its worth fixing or buying back cuz i can tell u my car was crashed and sold by the former owner cuz it was gonna be too "expensive" to fix well its here now fixed not perfect but decent so post pics bro!

3rd GEN
01-22-2004, 08:33 AM
ok..here's the link to the pics..
i've never done this b4, so i'm not sure it is will work

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287927903

i.c.
01-22-2004, 09:04 AM
so fixable....but you need quite a bit...like a new radiator support for 1..

'A20A3'
01-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Damn...could be worse though. It looks like your front bumper and lip are all in one piece.

From what I can see, it looks like you're gonna need a new front fender cause yours is pinched and screwed in the very front, a radiator support, a new radiator(i know a website that sells OEM for $65), your headlights are probably fucked beyond repair...

I don't know. What you SHOULD do is remove your hood, bumper, and your headlights, and then check to see how bad it is. See if you're frame is straight. It's at least worth it to see how bad the damage is, and if it's extremely fucked then you could get the money. But if the frame isn't bent then it'd be worth keeping.

If I were you I'd just live without having a car for a few months, in the end it'd be worth it...

'A20A3'
01-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Alot of the stuff you'd need you could get off junked 3G's for cheap...like the bumper, hood, headlights...

It's your decision but you already know what I would do if I were you...

Sabz5150
01-22-2004, 01:35 PM
It's your decision but you already know what I would do if I were you...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sell Sabz the exhaust? :rofl:

That looks repairable, just make sure the frame isn't damaged. This also makes a good excuse to pull the engine and do some work on it ;)

blazin3gen
01-22-2004, 03:37 PM
omg man that soooo fixable my car was more fucked then that and jared was more fucked then mine so yea that is soooooooooo fixable buy it back!

3rd GEN
01-22-2004, 10:01 PM
well, i'll see what i'm gonna do..all depends how much $$ the insurance company is gonna offer me..and how much i'm gonna get out of it..
but ya, i would really like to keep it..everyone says i should keep it..it's such a beautiful car..and it is!! it's in immaculate condition!! just i do't have the cash sittin around... i work 6 days a week and i really need a car..i have no life without a car..can't go anywhere or do shit...damn it...aiya..my buddy and i are gonna go to the lot tomorrow and get my deck, speaks and shit off of it..

3rd GEN
01-30-2004, 09:07 AM
well..after doing some thought and loking over my options...
my baby is gonna be gone:(

i've decided it's gonna be too much work and too much $ to put my car back together.. let alone fixing it and finding out it has more problems. Cuz my car had been in many other accidents in it's past, and who knows what 1 more could do.. concidering my car was almost written-off back in 1992! it was in a major accident and had of 11G's of damage!! and it's had a few other smaller crashes b4..and now 1 more, is just gonna weaken my car even further...
although yes i LOVE my car to death and she was a beautiful great car while I had her, but i think it's finally time to let her go..she has had a rough life it's unfortunate it had to happen to such a great car:(

so i've decided to go with a 92 GS which i shall be pickin up sometime Monday - Tuesday next week.. i'll get some pics up when i get her..

she is nice aswell, GS fully loaded ( except no leather :( ) fresh new paint ( white) body is mint, interior is great and engine is strong and very clean! and at a good price too!! so i'm excited..i've always wanted a that kind of teg, so now'z my chance to get one:)

mykwikcoupe
01-30-2004, 09:13 AM
well if you get the chance to get it back get and Ill give you the $$ for it. I have to have that ionterior. At least give me the info to track it to auction if you cant get it back. Im sorry to hear about it. Mike

3rd GEN
01-30-2004, 09:24 AM
hey man.. ya i can't get it back anymore..but i'll try and track it down for ya..it still has my Spoon mufller on it!!!! I want it back!!! shit!! but ya keep in touch..i'll do my best for ya:)

mykwikcoupe
01-30-2004, 09:32 AM
cool man if its better for ya just email me. If you want my cell # just ask. [email protected]

3rd GEN
01-30-2004, 09:39 AM
ok sweet.. sounds good:)

blazin3gen
01-30-2004, 12:02 PM
if u do find it hook me up with the cupholder tray lol

3rd GEN
01-30-2004, 10:34 PM
haha..i'll do my best!

blazin3gen
01-30-2004, 10:49 PM
haha..i'll do my best!

lol ill be waitin :cheers:

Elijah
01-30-2004, 11:00 PM
There is one the same color here in Edmonton for sale.It has minor minor front end damage.If u want I can take a closer look at it.

mykwikcoupe
01-30-2004, 11:14 PM
does it have a black interior and happen to be a coupe by chance

Elijah
01-31-2004, 12:34 AM
does it have a black interior and happen to be a coupe by chance

If u where talking to me.I dont no the color of interior just drove by it a couple times.But it is a coupe.

mykwikcoupe
01-31-2004, 08:38 AM
if you could stop by and see if its black Id pay you to get the interior for me until I can come get from you. Im up there pretty often. Wont be for a couple weeks though. Id really want it if it was black. or see what they want for it or see if it thell part it out

Elijah
01-31-2004, 02:08 PM
I dont think they will part it out it looks pretty clean.It was at a shop getting brakes or tires or something like that.

blazin3gen
01-31-2004, 02:11 PM
elijah! me want cupholder tray please lol

Elijah
01-31-2004, 02:45 PM
The car is for sale in hole almost mint.

mykwikcoupe
01-31-2004, 10:59 PM
how much and is the interior black