PDA

View Full Version : Saved By The Club

meangreenLXi
01-20-2004, 12:48 PM
:gun: This is what your gonna get if your the one who tried to steal ol MeangreenLXi last night. I was runnin late for work this morning because i only had a quarter tank of gas left and i still had to pick up a passenger, grab the gas and make it to work in a 30min time frame. Snow on the ground adds another 10min to the trip and once I get to pick up the other person it's a 20 min ride to work. First off I had a foot of snow on my car because I'm about 3miles from Lake Ontario and we get Lake effect everynight. As I start wiping the snow off the windows, i see the rear passenger window is shattered, looking further down, where my 3GEEZ.COM sticker wuz, there's a golf ball sized rectangle busted on my window. Usually thieves go to break the little window behind that, but maybe these guys were amatuers. I'm like WTF , but i gotta get to work and handle all this pre-work jizz, so I rip the rest of the glass outta the window and put a garbage bag in it and off i go. I believe the thieves stopped when they noticed the club on the steering wheel. I just put the club on it this past sunday night. Saturday night my car alarm went off 4times in a row and the weather was cold but not brick chillin. I've had it go off in that type of weather but the weather that night was no comparison, it was frigid, but not artic. I figured someone was testing my car to see how far they could go before my cheap azz factory alarm would go off and alert me. So the next day I get the club and slap that on. The extra protection may have saved ole Meangreen from the chop shop. If anyone has any info on turning up the sensativity on our factory alarm system, the knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I know it only saved me this time, maybe the next time they will even know how to defeat the club, but I just need to be alerted :gun: boom bye bye and a naughty boy ah, messin wit my car and it'll be ya last day.

TJ89Accord
01-20-2004, 12:52 PM
I don't think they put a factory alarm in the 3gs. But if you have an aftermarket, you can probably get to it from under the steering wheel. Take off that panel, and look around for a little box with a know comming out of it.

good luck!

tim

meangreenLXi
01-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Hmmm, okay I just thought it was factory because i know two chicks that have the same type of system on their car as mine. I just don't have the key remote for it. They were in the same situation.

POS carb
01-20-2004, 01:22 PM
I use the club between the auto shift and the ebrake, that locks all 4 wheels.
That in conjunction with the alarm, no theft atempts since, I hope to keep my car till it dies or I kill it.

TJ89Accord
01-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Hmmm, okay I just thought it was factory because i know two chicks that have the same type of system on their car as mine. I just don't have the key remote for it. They were in the same situation.

How does the alarm work?