PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME DAMN Car!

88AccorD4Life
01-21-2004, 02:23 PM
:werd: alirght the other night i was driving down the road and everything died out except my radio lights ect..... so i found out my battery kept losing power, so i bought a new alternator and put it in today still no good and i have a new starter, its like i turn the key and get a click and the rpm gauge moves and the lights go dim i am so damn confused what could it be

'A20A3'
01-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Could be the battery...

NXRacer
01-21-2004, 02:44 PM
sounds like you have a very dead battery. Before you buy a new battery though, i'd go through and clean up all your battery connections to the starter and everything and see if that helps.

88AccorD4Life
01-21-2004, 02:48 PM
it is a brand new battery, and then i tried a battery from my other car which is good. so i dont know what it could be..... :jaw:

1988starter
01-22-2004, 06:51 PM
check fuses and engine grounds

nswst8
01-22-2004, 07:18 PM
The main fuel relay, this can be taken apart inspected and resodered if nessasary.
The ignition switch, contacts could be going bad at the terminals.
Have to find another one I paid $53 in 1995 took only 30 minutes without a manual.
Hope this helps. LOL
NSWST8 :cheers:

Blkblurr
01-26-2004, 06:20 PM
I agree with nswst8. I think it's your ignition switch. All the symptoms point to it.

danronian
01-27-2004, 09:29 PM
It sounds to me like battery cables, but it could be the switch too.

shepherd79
01-28-2004, 05:30 AM
it is not the key switch. if it was the key switch his battery would stay full. it wouldn't crank at all because there wouldn't be any contacts in the key switch.
the problem is the alternator. it is not charging the battery, or even better it is draining the battery by applying the load on the battery.
i have seen that happen many times. check the voltage at the battery on running car, if it doesn't have 14.4V you need to get a new alternator.

johnwc723
01-28-2004, 07:46 PM
make sure you have a new battery and MAKE SURE its charged up right, i killed my last alternator because of that, always do the battery first

Blkblurr
01-29-2004, 12:30 PM
He may have two problems. The clue that tells me it may be his ignition switch is he said he was driving down the road when his car died. He may have a bad battery as well.

86LXItooFAST4me
01-29-2004, 01:47 PM
:werd: alirght the other night i was driving down the road and everything died out except my radio lights ect..... so i found out my battery kept losing power, so i bought a new alternator and put it in today still no good and i have a new starter, its like i turn the key and get a click and the rpm gauge moves and the lights go dim i am so damn confused what could it be

i had the same problem with my 86, the bat kept dieing out and i did the same, replaced the alt twice, checked all the fuses, bat cables and all. then after pulling my hair out i went to talk to this old geazer back yard machanic and he told me to replace my belt, funny as it sound that was the problem, also make sure that belt isnt lose! let know if that helped.\\\

:bong: