PDA

View Full Version : need these questions answered please HELP

b20a86lude
01-21-2004, 03:13 PM
ok so iv got 75 percent of my gasket and stuff iv contacted engine dealers and all of thise people but they dont knwo wither and i dont have these 2 part numbers so will someone help me

i need to know which car i get this for or if i can only order it througfh japan and if so whats the part number
oil seal that is the ring that is around the end of the crankshaft where the harmonic balncer connects do i get this from a lude or the a20

and rear main seal lude or a20 which onew do i get it from please help

k-roy
01-21-2004, 03:32 PM
I know this is not the idea solution but it should work. Look in your yellow pages for a rubber and gasket compony. There is one down the street from me and they do custom work. You can take in your distributor and they can take the measurements they need. The only thing I can think of is the thickness may be hard to guess, so have 3 make of different thicknesses. This should be easier and take a lot less time than having one imported from Japan.

RobT5580
01-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Just order them from Japan if your not sure it will be about the same as a dealer would charge just a little more for shipping. The rear main seal part number is 91214-PC6-013 i would try to search to see if its a USDM part as well. When it comes to seals if they are not exact your going to have a leak so if you dont know for sure from other peoples experiences then get the right part its not as hard as people think. And if you just need seals shipping cant be that much.

Gregg86DX
01-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Another thing you could try is take your old seals and go to a Honda Parts place and try to match them. I'd start with the B20A5 (88-91 Prelude si) parts.

Gregg

RobT5580
01-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Ok i decided to look for matching part numbers for some stuff and the only one i found a match for was the rear main seal. Its from a 1984+ CRX 1342cc and the part number is the same as the JDM 91214-PC6-013 also sizes as (80x100x10).

So some things do match but none of the other numbers match so i think eventually you will have to order stuff from Japan.