PDA

View Full Version : I'm on my 3rd 3gee

kruddler
01-22-2004, 10:16 AM
My first honda was an 87 LXi that I bought with 14000 on it and drove it until it had 278000. The tranny was shot no 4th gear and no reverse. I could still get around in it though and was out looking for cars and found an 89 SEi with 85000 on it. I test drove it and everything seemed fine with it, except it had some minor body damage. I also thought the odometer was tampered with. The guy wanted $3000 for it and I told him no that I was going to look at other ones. He says make me an offer so I'm like WTF I really don't want it so I'll low ball him. I say $1500 and my 87 LXi. He says sold. We go down and chage titles and come back and he trys backing the car into his garage, no reverse and he is pissed!!! I siad you told me to make you an offer an I did we get to arguing about shit and I'm telling him look at the speedometer plate it has tool marks on it how the hell did they get there? So I just get the hell out of there. Anyways I left my garage door opener in my old car. So I drive back to get it thinking that the car would be outside and I could quick snatch it. The car had no been pushed into is garage and I'm like no problem I'll just sneak in this side door and retrive it. He spots me and comes back out even more angry than he was before. He just found out the car had no stereo or any speakers. At this point I siad fuck the door opener and ran as fat as I could and got the hell out of there. That car was great!!! never had a problem with it until I drove into 3ft of water and wrecked the engine. About 3 years ago I bought another 89 SEi. I am so addicted to that stereo switch on the steering wheel. I love that thing!!!! The car has 248000 on it and still is going strong. I made a list of things that are broken and have fixed several. I still need to take car of the following:

1] No cruise
2] No horn
3] Car runs hot in summer
4] No AC
5] Power steering fluid leaks
6] Power antenna is broken
7] Sunroof leaks
8] Master cylinder needs replacing
9] Timing belt needs changing
10] Windshield cracked

I have fixed some things and got a lot of help from the board here. I just wanted to thank all that have posted and expecially the How To's.

lightbulblxi
01-22-2004, 10:26 AM
funny story bout ur second one. welcome to 3geez, hope we can help u out.

johndej
01-22-2004, 02:30 PM
yeah, i'm suprised you didn't get shot or something trying to get into that guys garage.

NXRacer
01-22-2004, 02:38 PM
1] No cruise - sell ya mine!
2] No horn - common problem. mine doesnt work great
3] Car runs hot in summer - sounds like you need a cooling system flush, maybe a new thermostat
4] No AC - i have two AC pumps if you need one
5] Power steering fluid leaks - common problem
6] Power antenna is broken - another common problem. PITA to fix
7] Sunroof leaks - again, a PITA. Clean out your drains and that should help em drain

the rest arent hard (or too epensive) to fix either

great story about the second one. Welcome to 3geez and good luck on your car!

RustyHo88
01-23-2004, 08:31 AM
The cruise and the horns are are the same circuit. For the cruise to work, the horns must also work. I now it sounds crazy but trust me, if you get your horns to work, your cruise will probably follow. A lot of people on this site have removed their power steering and cruise control to improve performance; maybe you should do that. Good luck fixing all that stuff. if you need more advice, just ask somebody :D .