PDA

View Full Version : Boxes under the driver and passenger seats

Ravenix
01-22-2004, 05:58 PM
the two boxes that are pluged into a cable under each front seat, what are they for?

'A20A3'
01-22-2004, 06:12 PM
The ECU is under the driver's seat...

Ravenix
01-22-2004, 06:14 PM
so whats the one under the passenger seat?
and damn i had them both disconected i guess cars can run without ecus
i thought they were sensors for my damn seatbelt alarms

'A20A3'
01-22-2004, 06:18 PM
I don't know about the passenger side, not familiar with that...

Ravenix
01-22-2004, 06:56 PM
so does anyone know for sure what they are i heard the one under the drivers seat is the solenoid valve control unit plus a sensor for the choke heater and the one under the passenger seat is the controls for the radiator fan timer, power locks, sunroof, and seatbelts..... its an 88 dx and each box has a 4 pin plug coming out of it....

k-roy
01-22-2004, 07:00 PM
The one under the drivers seat on a carbed vehicle is the emissions control box. If you remove your vacuum lines (check the howto) it is rendered useless.

The box under the passenger seat is the power door lock control unit.

lightbulblxi
01-22-2004, 07:01 PM
yea, the drivers side is the ecu, not sure bout the other tho.

Ravenix
01-22-2004, 07:02 PM
strange if it controls emissionas and i had it disconenected i wonder how i passed my emmisions test, and why would i have a power door lock controller on a car with no power lanything?

k-roy
01-22-2004, 07:06 PM
strange if it controls emissionas and i had it disconenected i wonder how i passed my emmisions test, and why would i have a power door lock controller on a car with no power lanything?

Thats accrding to my European shop manual. You can get it at www.pauldesign.ru and see for yourself.

And while you are at it ask yourself why you have the wiring for power mirrors, or why a 92 Civic CX is wired for vtec. Honda puts in some wiring and various stuff for options never put on a lower model.

shepherd79
01-22-2004, 07:30 PM
under the passenger seat you will find:
radiator fan timer control unit (next to the Emergency brake)
after that power door lock control unit
after that automatic seat belt control unit
and after that next to the door side are sunroof relays.

this lay out was according to Honda shop manual.