PDA

View Full Version : Might Get a 94 Prelude Si !!!!!!!!!!!

Mike's89AccordLX
01-23-2004, 08:29 AM
My mom wants to buy this car for me b/c she thinks my accord is a POS... hehehe she doesnt know crap. She's gonna let me keep the accord too. I just checked on parts and holy crap there's turbo kits, SS headers and exhaust systems. I mean I could get anything and everything for it. It's fully loaded with moonroof, pwr options, etc...

It's got 161K on it and its the 2.2L Si it's also red too. OMG I can't believe she actually wants to buy me a sports car. It's selling for 3700 from her doctor friend at the mayo clinic here. I'm going to test drive it today and take some pics with my phone. I can't wait man. She thinks we can get it for like 3300-3500 though.

What do you guys think?

-Mike

Jims 86LXI HB
01-23-2004, 08:45 AM
My mom wants to buy this car for me b/c she thinks my accord is a POS... hehehe she doesnt know crap. She's gonna let me keep the accord too. I just checked on parts and holy crap there's turbo kits, SS headers and exhaust systems. I mean I could get anything and everything for it. It's fully loaded with moonroof, pwr options, etc...

It's got 161K on it and its the 2.2L Si it's also red too. OMG I can't believe she actually wants to buy me a sports car. It's selling for 3700 from her doctor friend at the mayo clinic here. I'm going to test drive it today and take some pics with my phone. I can't wait man. She thinks we can get it for like 3300-3500 though.

What do you guys think?

-Mike

Absolutely do it, period. Not everyone can warm up to the dashboard design, but as car's go it's one of honda's best efforts to date. Now if I recall any lude si past 93 means H22a. Even if I'm wrong and it has the H23 with 160hp, that engine is one of the most flexible motors honda has done, really nice power deliver. Your right about the aftermarket.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Yeah I just saw it's a H23A1 2.3L DOHC. I'm really excited b/c I know that most people want the H22's so it has to have some sweet power. And it has all of the performance and style upgrades available. I'm really stoked that I will be able to keep the 3G too!!!!!!!

Mike89Accordcom
01-23-2004, 09:06 AM
I'd try to find one with a little less miles. My friend had a 95 Lude, he loved it. Then it got wrecked and he now has a 95 Lexus SC400. Big upgrade.

lightbulblxi
01-23-2004, 09:18 AM
get it!!! and part out the accord for more dough to upgrade!

Defiant[YD]
01-23-2004, 10:13 AM
haha, shouldn't even have to ask anybody.
the words prelude and SI and 4th gen should be enuff to convince anyone to get it.
i would love to find one here at that price. can barely find a 3rd gen SI for 4grand.
go for it, take that lude and modify it. it would be a very sweet ride.

'A20A3'
01-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Is it a 5-speed?

A friend of mine used to have a '92 Si, those things rip. He had a AEM cold-air, and a Greddy cat-back. Deep, throaty sounding. It was great, and with 160 horses stock, why not?

Keep the Accord. You so crazy lightbulb. :nuts:

Mike's89AccordLX
01-23-2004, 10:27 AM
I test drove the car and holy crap that has a ton of balls!!! I'm going to have to pay for some of it but my mom will pay for most of it and I will have to fork some dough over for the insurance too. It shifts so nice and all the power options work. Never had an accident. All highway miles too. This friend of my mom's is the 3rd owner and the 2nd owner bought it when it was a year old. That dash is kinda funny but I can live with it. My g/f is going to test drive it tonight. She would probably help make some payments too. There's only about a 3" long spot of rust that isn't through the paint on the pass. rear fenderwell. Its a common spot for the 4th gen ludes though. 4 wheel disk brakes oh my its just too much to tell. Very clean interior and it has a armrest in it with a cupholder. It has dual airbags. For the condition and the miles it has kelly blue book had it listed for $4,150. For a private seller. And I would probably get it for $3,500. Man that motor looked sweet. I was just picturing the mods in my head... And yes it's a 5 speed (I wouldn't get anything else unless it was a 6 speed :cool2: )

'A20A3'
01-23-2004, 10:30 AM
I personally love the dash setup on those Prelude's. Good luck with it man.

Mike89Accordcom
01-23-2004, 10:36 AM
That's one thing I hated, was the dash. Horrible design. Otherwise, not a bad car.

adams86lxi
01-23-2004, 10:36 AM
tight man! have fun with it! :cool:

Mike's89AccordLX
01-23-2004, 10:40 AM
My mom loves it b/c she used to race her old celica back when she was a kid and she loves the sportyness of the car and the speed the thing has. And the parts seem fairly resonable for aftermarket parts. I would need to have a quiet muffler (one thing my mom said is a must.) I will just put everything else that I can afford except the muffler. This is like for sure too, my mom's going to see how much the insurance is and she will probably have it in her name b/c of my speeding tickets I had over 1.5 years ago. I'm a good driver now, but I will definately take this car to the track and have fun.

lightbulblxi
01-23-2004, 10:55 AM
originally posted by mikes89accordlx
it has a armrest in it with a cupholder.

u can tell hes owned a 3g. lol

does any one have a pic of the dash? my friends bro has a lude, but ive never seen it.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Here's a small pic of one I found on ebay. I will take a pic tonight so you can see the entire dash. I think the car needs a spoiler though. It doesn't have one, but it will have a stock looking one or one that's tasteful.

BootMachine
01-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Watch the oil pump on the ludes....trust me!

oh and when you redling the engines the burn a little oil so keep it topped up!

but yeah.......get an oil pressure guage. I have seen too many lude engines go because the oil pump failed on them!

k-roy
01-23-2004, 11:51 AM
I can't believe she actually wants to buy me a sports car.
That has to be the funniest thing I have heard this week. Good one man. :ugh2:

Mike's89AccordLX
01-23-2004, 11:56 AM
kroy is that supposed to be sarcastic? B/c if it is I would just like to remind you that the 94 lude si is faster than the accord (it's hard to say that, but it is.) And it has way more parts availible for it. And its faster than most integras. So I think that's pretty good IMO. I will modify the hell out of it and then get a turbo kit for it. I just hope insurance doesn't kill me. And I said a sports car b/c that's what the insurance company will consider it so I guess if I have to pay for a "sports car" then that's what I'l gonna call it. :)

k-roy
01-23-2004, 12:02 PM
kroy is that supposed to be sarcastic? B/c if it is I would just like to remind you that the 94 lude si is faster than the accord (it's hard to say that, but it is.) And it has way more parts availible for it. And its faster than most integras. So I think that's pretty good IMO. I will modify the hell out of it and then get a turbo kit for it. I just hope insurance doesn't kill me. And I said a sports car b/c that's what the insurance company will consider it so I guess if I have to pay for a "sports car" then that's what I'l gonna call it. :)

No it really is the funiest thing I have heard in a while. A stock lude is a decent car, but by no means a sports car. Try driving something a lot faster and handles a lot better and you will know what I mean.:tongue:

Ok why whenever I say something that someone disagrees with the comeback is alwways "its faster than your Accord". To me that is a pretty immature and off topic comment. I did not buy the Accord for speed and in no way have I ever claimed it was fast. Geesh, thats what I baught my project car for.

Still that looks like a good find. Preludes are fun cars. The only two things I don't like is they are heavy and the dash is ugly.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-23-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry but maybe people argue with you b/c you seem to take things out of context. I didn't say that the prelude was faster than "your" accord. I said it was faster than the accord meaning MY accord. And I have driven sports cars before, but since I don't own them I'm not going to brag about them. I know the prelude isn't the fastest car, but I thought I did a pretty good explaination of why I called it a sports car. I'm not mad I'm wondering why you called me immature. B/c your reasoning was way off.

blazin3gen
01-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I personally love the dash setup on those Prelude's. Good luck with it man.

u aint the only one! i like it too!

sounds like a good deal mike!! :cheers:

Mike's89AccordLX
01-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Alright my g/f didn't drive it but I let her do the shifting while I drove it and she likes it. So my mom is going to offer him $3500 tomorrow and take out a loan for the car and I will just have to pay a little bit of money per month. My g/f is being kinda pissy about me modifing anything on it though. I told her if I make the payments it's MY CAR! I told her if you want to make some payments 1/2 then I will just do some minor mods to it that will be like headlights, corners, tails, and some engine dress-up. She's like its fast enough if you put more performance stuff on it you know that you'll be racing and get into trouble. (true... but I still want to do it)

k-roy
01-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Sorry Mike, I didn't pay too close of attention to your post.
But still if your insurance considers it a "sports car" get a new insurance company. they are rtying to rip you off.

Good luck, I hope you get it.

Elijah
01-23-2004, 05:17 PM
I had a 93.They are nice cars really tight and solid.I bought mine already moded it was nice thow.It ran a 14.8 with minor mods.

StUpiD8000
01-24-2004, 02:51 AM
Sorry Mike, I didn't pay too close of attention to your post.
But still if your insurance considers it a "sports car" get a new insurance company. they are rtying to rip you off.

Good luck, I hope you get it.ya...lol...I had a 89' Dodge Daytona that was my dads NEW....he had it for 6 years and then it was mine...When I went to get my insurance..Thay tryed to say it was a sports car..My dad sed WTF..He had for 6 years and had it has just a Coupe..That was funny...insurance suck ..... now I just dont have any..Its no fun tho

O ya...Nice car..I drove a fuw..quick little fukers..But dont remember anything about the dash

Mike's89AccordLX
01-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Do you guys recommend any insurance companies? Yeah my mom told me that I would only have to pay half (after I'm done with school though). And I would just have to pay the insurance or some of it.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Here's 2 pics I took with my camera phone today of it. I'm planning on getting projector headlights (blacked out with blue projectors), blacked out corner lights, and cf taillights. (can't find blacked out tails for it).

k-roy
01-24-2004, 10:30 AM
Looks like a decent stock car. It needs shined up though.

I have Progressive.com for insurance and I pay jack freakin shit for it. I think im a little older than you though. Your best bet is to shop around.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah I'm going to be 20 on 4/20/04. It needs a wash, but I will have it painted right away and have the small rust spot fixed on the rear pass. fender. I'm trying to find a nice spoiler for it so I can have that painted at the same time.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-24-2004, 10:37 AM
These are the 3 that I found that I like. I really like the last one but it's pretty spendy for me right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455185362&category=33638
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455190848&category=33638
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455535103&category=6755

Mike's89AccordLX
01-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Here's the style of headlights that I like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=2455256329&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

Here's teh bumper lights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455993944&category=33717

Here's the corners.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455807343&category=33708

Here's the tails. (I'm unsure if I like these ones or not though)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2454969552&category=33716

What do you guys think?

lightbulblxi
01-24-2004, 02:52 PM
looks nice man, i wanna see the dash tho!

neoblue89lxi
01-24-2004, 03:15 PM
get the middle spoiler the jdm one that looks hte nicest.

k-roy
01-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah I'm going to be 20 on 4/20/04

OMG you have the same birthday as Hitler!

goldadition
01-24-2004, 09:24 PM
wow dude i would kill to have that car. well no not really. i'm getting a mustang this may it'll be runing 9.4's by the time i get done with it. the lude dashes are cool in my opinion. i got to talking to my boss and he said that for around 1500 i could build a 460, put ?325? gears and get twice as much hp out of a mustang than the lude. so that's what i'm going for it. plus it's actually something that's american.
i thought you were older than me mike. wow thats interesting.
here is a link for a dash http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455321248&category=6259

netfreak
01-24-2004, 10:54 PM
the H23's are a lot better for boost than the H22A. You'll also want to get the OEM spoiler. I've also seen some local cars with the CF tails and they're a lot better than stock and the other altezzas IMHO.

and enjoy that engine bay! sucks major ass doing work in it lol

Mike's89AccordLX
01-25-2004, 02:38 PM
I just bought that middle JDM spoiler!

Morpheus
01-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Too bad it isnt VTEC, I was considering one of those but I decided a CRX was faster for cheaper so I'm saving for one. Nice find though! It would be nice if you could find only the head from an H22a and put it on there, hard though to find them. Have fun.

pearldrop
01-26-2004, 08:42 AM
I actually like the dashes in the Preludes. I just took a picture of it last night but I am at work so I can't download it.
I honestly don't like the Prelude very much. Maybe if it had more space inside I would like it more. I just don't like my knees hitting the dash and the seats squeezing my ribs.
I'm actually glad it isn't a daily driver for us. After six hour drives to car shows I can't wait to get out of it.
But other people love them and congratulations on buying a new car that you are excited about.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Holy crap I want my mom to have my cars on her insurance forever ! For the prelude si to be added it will cost $256 for every 6 months! That's all I have to pay is insurance! This kicks so much ass!!!! Hey pearldrop don't you have a website where I can show my g/f your badass prelude? I saw pics before but she hasnt seen them. Morpheus I have actually been reading up on doing a H22 vtec head swap but I have heard some bad things about the revving and stuff so I will just baby this motor until its done and then either get a newer H23A1 and do the headswap or do a H22 vtec swap. I just got my procarparts bumper lights in the mail too I'm so happy right now!

pearldrop
01-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Here you go.
http://geocities.com/caddy20s/vctrophies.txt

http://geocities.com/caddy20s/preludemagical2.txt

Mike's89AccordLX
01-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Wow I forgot how beautiful that car looks! My car definately needs a sweet paint job!

goldadition
01-26-2004, 06:28 PM
holy sh!!!! mike that one hell of a price. is that full cov. or just liability. wow i quoted a price from my ins. for a 92 lude si and for 6 months they wanted like 1035.00 i said fu!!! that! even if it was full cov. that's one awsome deal dude.
nick

Mike's89AccordLX
01-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Yeah that's full coverage, we have to have it full b/c of the loan my mom's taking out.

MrBen
01-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Must be nice to have mommy buy you a car.

blazin3gen
01-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Must be nice to have mommy buy you a car.

i know! i wish my mom bought me a car :cool2:

Mike's89AccordLX
01-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah it is and she also bought my 3g too. But, don't get me wrong I pay for everything for myself not asking her for one dime and this is how she repays me. On the other hand my 24 year old brother which is now married (again) constantly asks her for money and help with the bills. I don't live at home and I haven't for about 1.5 years so I have to say that I don't go to mommy when I need money. But, yes it is nice to have a mom that can afford that kind of stuff.

blazin3gen
01-27-2004, 04:10 PM
hell i would want my kids to have what ever they wanted only because my child hood sucked ass

lightbulblxi
01-27-2004, 04:24 PM
that is a nice lookin dash, just not he gauges, which must be what everyone is talkin bout.

Yangboi03
01-27-2004, 05:22 PM
[B]wel thats cool that u r gettin a prelude...............its one of my dream cars to have too............but i have decided i might want a 2 door 94-95 honda accord ex manual....................but i am still lookin..........................wel hope u get it

Silver86LX
01-27-2004, 05:41 PM
holy sh!!!! mike that one hell of a price. is that full cov. or just liability. wow i quoted a price from my ins. for a 92 lude si and for 6 months they wanted like 1035.00 i said fu!!! that! even if it was full cov. that's one awsome deal dude.
nick

Man that's cheap compared to where I live (Ontario). A '92 Prelude Si w/ full coverage for someone my age (19) would probably cost somewhere around $4800/ year. No kidding. Ontario has the highest insurance rates in Canada with the average person paying about $2500/year.

lightbulblxi
01-27-2004, 05:50 PM
i pay $30 a month.....for liability only

goldadition
01-28-2004, 08:30 PM
yeah right now i'm paying 75 a month for liability on my accord. that's even throu my parents ins. with a discount for having the house on the same policy. and on top of that no one has any driving violations tickets or whatever. i'm thinking of goin to progressive when i get my mustang cause that's goint to be just as bad as the lude, if not worst. i hope my ins goes down when i turn 21.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Alright guys I should have my jdm spoiler late this week or early next week. I should also have my clear corners next week. (one was slightly busted so I got new ones)

I got my 89 Accord Factory foglight switch in the mail today from a member on here. Its pretty cool. I'm going to take it apart and clean all the contact surfaces b/c it looks a little corroded on the 3 male ends. I just got a call from the powdercoating place and my stuff is done and I will pick that up here in a bit.