PDA

View Full Version : is ractive any good?

lightbulblxi
01-23-2004, 11:55 AM
found a site with ractive strut bars for our cars, jus wonderin if they are any good, or should i go with dc? here is the site, they are only $35.
http://www.racinx.com/RACINX/Perform/strutbars/strut_tower_bars.htm

k-roy
01-23-2004, 11:56 AM
$35 is better than what $160
Is better than no strut bar right?
Go with whatever you are comfortable paying for

lightbulblxi
01-23-2004, 12:00 PM
yea, i was jus wonderin if i should go with a dc, rather than buying this one to find out its juck, then buying a dc.

Jims 86LXI HB
01-23-2004, 12:01 PM
These parts were accidently relisted in reactive's 2003 catalog after the company had long ago decided to discontinue them. Anyone that promise's that they can get them is offering to deliver on something that will never ever show. This came to light some time ago, someone even bought into the promise that they indeed could come up with them,............................................. ............. we're still waiting for them to arrive :rolleyes: They don't exist, sorry. DC sports is still the only game in town or talk to mike about his custom front strut tower bar.

smufguy
01-23-2004, 12:03 PM
ractive is known to be sister of pacesetter, as in making shitty parts. Since a strut tower is one of the main components of ur suspension for handling and i dont know if u can expect a lot from this product even tho the difference is better than stock. Im still working on making my own. Got a machine shop at school, got some spare stock tubes lying around. hmmmmmm........

Jims 86LXI HB
01-23-2004, 12:04 PM
ractive is known to be sister of pacesetter, as in making shitty parts. Since a strut tower is one of the main components of ur suspension for handling and i dont know if u can expect a lot from this product even tho the difference is better than stock. Im still working on making my own. Got a machine shop at school, got some spare stock tubes lying around. hmmmmmm........

Toucan industries is part of pacesetter/Monza? huh?

smufguy
01-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Toucan industries is part of pacesetter/Monza? huh?

I was comparing the quality Jim, not trying to say they are the same. I have read a lot of people complainig about the quality of the Ractive. Not to mention even the Intake systems they make are worth crap.