PDA

View Full Version : No Power!!!!!!!!!!

soljaboy2000
01-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Okay about 30 minutes after changing my thermostat I drove around to check for leaks and about 5 minutes into driving I lost power to cd player and cigarette lighter (my cell phone didn't charge) I check for blown fuses and they were good and I check fuses in the engine they were all good too and everything else works (headlights etc.) Any ideas what it could be before I rip my highly secured kendwood cd player out????

N-Man
01-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Did u pull every fuse??

soljaboy2000
01-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Okay........ I should of actually PULLED every fuse instead of only looking. This is the story: After 20 minutes of ripping my theft deterent of cd player out, I tested all the wires (remote, ground, constant power). The constant power was the only one that didn't has power and I was confused because usually when cd player goes out, its because of the radio fuse but when that blows the dome light doesn't work also but in this case my cd player was not working and the dome light was. I was like " WTF". The radio was fuse i pulled and it was good like before. So I rechecked the fuses in the engine more thoroughly and I found out that it was the ECU, Clock fuse was blown. I replaced and every things gravvvy now. But what in the hell can cause that fuse to blow and what else does that fuse involves? Anything major?

N-Man
01-24-2004, 10:50 AM
No, its usually somethin simple. my friend has a 90 somethin accord and his did the same thing. i found the fuse and replaced it and it has been fine every since.

sporkHSP
01-24-2004, 11:42 AM
is there a fuse just for the cigarette lighter/ adapter... or is it a combo fuse w/ something else

2draccord
01-25-2004, 01:36 PM
i had somtin like that happen to mine but my car wouldnt start and that was my ecu fuse

zero.counter
01-25-2004, 03:03 PM
But what in the hell can cause that fuse to blow and what else does that fuse involves? Anything major?
Sounds funny, but in some cases in these old cars it is very hard to tell without dealing out some speculation.

wallyyfm
01-25-2004, 03:09 PM
i had to have my car rewired cause it kept blowin fuses, cost me $50 and i never had anything blow again

KoNEY
02-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Anyone ever tried to power something such as an amplifier or something from the extra spaces in the stock fuseholder under the hood???

Sabz5150
02-02-2004, 02:31 PM
I've blown that fuse more times than I can count. Any simple short will take that thing out.