PDA

View Full Version : Oh great,...got in a accident. I'am so pissed!

Jims 86LXI HB
07-04-2002, 11:29 AM
My boy and I aren't in a hospital or anything, but my chest and neck are hurting real bad and my son hit his head on the dash, he's ok though. Here's what happened.

Well I was going home with my boy from having lunch at the mall when this lady in a 91 supra pull's right out in front of me. I was doing 45mph and hit the brakes and tried to start to steer to go behind her. But her intent was to pull out and sit their untill traffic cleared so she could complete her left turn. DAH!!!!! My lane is not a parking lot honey! I hit her at I guess 20mph The bumper is smashed in and the left side impacted enough that it punched a hole in the radiator. The hood and left fender is buckeled. I could not open my drivers door without allot of difficulty. I'm so pissed off about this! I have full coverage, but my deductable is $1000. I want my car repaired but I think my insurance company is going to say no they just want pay me off for it and not pay to repair it.
The accident is 100% the ladies fault and I have a witness. I WANT MY CAR BACK! :crying:

If it turn's out that I can't get my insurance or the ladies insurance company to repair to my car I'm going to have to take the pay out and I will pull an the parts I added to the car and sell them here. Struts, springs, header, exhaust and wheels and tires.
I might decide to ask for them to pay for me to buy another car instead, like a 88-89LXI which would mean I'd be reusing those parts, we'll see what happens.

CARBurn
07-04-2002, 11:36 AM
Ain't that something, the good this is you and your son are okay and were able to walk away from it.

Where is the car now?

Jims 86LXI HB
07-04-2002, 11:44 AM
Well I didn't want the chance that I could somehow not have access to the car so I parked it in the parking lot at the accident scene. I plan to start it up and got it up to speed and turn it off and hopefull coast it home, no radiator fluid:rolleyes: I WILL NOT pay for a tow when it's only 3 blocks from my house right now.

RCracer
07-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident Jim.
Glad you and your boy are ok. What a nightmare for you with the car.
Hope you get everything sorted out soon.

MiGeY
07-04-2002, 12:59 PM
That sucks :(

Sean
07-04-2002, 02:04 PM
jim are you close to maryland ??? if so get in touch with me i might be able to help you out with the repairs.

accordlx
07-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Im glad to hear that everything is ok with you and your son. I hope that you do get another Accord or fix the one that you have. If you don't, I'll be more than happy to take those Bilstiens off your hands. (Trying hard not to sound like a vulture:eek: )

Jims 86LXI HB
07-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Funstick, I'm in central california, thanks for the offer;)

Chris, well see what happens. In the mean time I'm gonna make her insurance carrier give me a rental car, I noticed that I can rent one of those mazda protege station wagon's:D It'll have a automatic but oh well:rolleyes:

YK86
07-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Glad to hear you're okay. But I'm sorry about the car. We all know how much you love it.

marc49
07-04-2002, 07:09 PM
If it's her fault, and you have witnesses to prove it. Then you shouldn't have to worry about your deductible because it won't come into play since it will be the bitches insurance who has to pay for everything. However, with cara, when she was hit, they disputed that it was their fault and took it all the way to arbitration. So cara had to pay her deductible to get her car out of the body shop. But she was re-imbursed a few months later.

Glad you and your son are ok except for the bumps and bruises of course

damackz
07-04-2002, 07:26 PM
Good thing that ur ok man and hopefully the car will be good as new :pimp:

hondaman87
07-04-2002, 08:12 PM
jim you have a gran deductable mine is 0

but any way u can acasually you can by the car back from the insurance and repair it thats what i did when they stole my car and scratch it the bill to repair my car was more than the car was worth so they total it and i told them that i wanted to keep the car so we made some arrangements and now i have it in my possession

But it is your decision!

Gregs89AccordLxi
07-05-2002, 12:07 AM
Hey Jim sorry to hear what happened, shes lucky you turned and slammed on the brakes or she would of been dead meat, i suggest you and your son go get a check up from the docter to make sure everythings fine and take some x-rays, just in case and she will have to pay for all the bills! Let us know what your going to need to repair your car, we can keep a look out for ya at the salvage yards :)

MoonScryer
07-05-2002, 04:55 AM
Damn dude, major suckage :( Glad y'all made it out ok. If you are having pains like that, go find a doctor pronto! Could be worse stuff, and if it's accident related (duh, I know, but still saying it), she will cover the medical bills :D

Waste of a good Supra on an idiot...

seancornelis
07-05-2002, 08:47 AM
Her insurance will be paying for all of it, if you have receipts from all the parts you've added to your car you should send copies to her company to show that the car was worth more money. Usually if you fight with them enough they'll just buckle and fix it for you, if not you'll be getting a bunch of cash and you can hold onto the car for a minimal fee (something like $50 in most cases).

1989 DX R
07-05-2002, 08:54 AM
Sorry to hear about your wreck, I hope everything turns out ok.

I hate idiots. I wish the driver's licencing process was much more difficult, clean some of these idiots off the road.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Yeah Jim definetly hit the doctor....better to be safe than sorry, especially since her insurance would have to pay for it. Doesn't sound like you will have to get a new car, I don't think a weeck at 20 mph would total the car, then again it was an older supra so I could be wrong lol. Let us know what the outcome is, sorry Jim, glad you and your son are ok.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-05-2002, 11:57 AM
By the time I created this thread, my son and I had allready been seen by a doctor in the ER. I was hurting to much to not go. I just took pictures of the accident scene so if she tries to get cleaver and say it was my fault I've got pictures that show by my skid mark's I was going the extra mile to try and steer around her stupid car. Thanks to everyone for you kind comments. No matter what I'm gonna push for my car to be repaired or I want $2000 to go out and buy another one. But I got real lucky with my car, it was owned by a former school teacher and was factory serviced it's whole life. Fat chance that I'll get that lucky again and that's what's really pissing me off the most.

HostileJava
07-05-2002, 12:26 PM
I'm glad your ok and that your son wasn't hurt, but I'm going to have to quote some one here:
"not to sound like a vulture but" if you decide to part out your car's performance parts I'll take your wheels and tires.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-05-2002, 02:28 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about that, Jim. I'm glad you and your son or OK though. Wrecks suck! Sounds like it shouldn't be too terribly hard to fix though. I'm still workin on mine, lol

That was a good idea to get the pictures of the scene. You never know when somebody's gonna stab you in the back!

Best of luck!

Jerren
07-06-2002, 09:16 AM
man i hate accidents so bad. its good to hear you are ok. you have a really nice car man. i hope somebody (other than you) pays for it to get fixed.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-06-2002, 11:16 AM
Yeah Jerren, I want it fixed to. But I did find a 89 teal SEI coupe for sale in the Sacramento paper for less than $2000:D

monsonhonda
07-07-2002, 03:45 PM
if you do get a new car, look it over good, and probe the person for their matinence schedule. my first car was given to me by my uncle and dealer serviced all its life. heck, a month before i got it he had like $3000 in matenince done to it. so what do i do, i crash it 6 months later. so now i bought an 88 lxi thinking i can use all the parts from my 89, but you cant, and the 88 was not well maintained. sorry for running on, but definately make sure the car was well kept. if it wasntm you can tag anywhere from 1-4k extra bucks on the price take to be used in repairs over the next year.

peace and guud luck

fussell

POS carb
07-07-2002, 05:36 PM
unless the frame is untoutched I wouldn't bother fixing your car, I did and I regret it because you can never get the alignment perfect.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-07-2002, 06:05 PM
Yeah eric the alignment thing is in my mind. I noticed why the drivers door is hard to open. The left fender is pushed back so it binds with the door, not a good sign. I'm worried something is bent up that can never really be fixed. Bluebook wholesale right now is what I paid for it. But it's not fair that what she did will likely take my car away from me. :mad: :burn:

1989 DX R
07-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Yeah, and you'll have to change your name too! Jims 89SEI CP

DBMaster
07-08-2002, 07:06 AM
If the repair estimate comes to 50% or more of the car's book value the insurance carrier will push to "total" it. As you know the book value for most of these cars does not do a clean one justice.

I don't see how this can be construed as anyone's fault but hers. We have a very busy road near the house that was widened to six lanes a few years ago. The median is too narrow for a little car to go out into the middle, but you get these a-holes in Suburbans doing it and taking up the left lane on BOTH sides of the median. I am surprised I don't see accidents like yours daily around here.

Did you guys hit the wheel and the dash while belted in? that's kind of scary for such a low speed crash. I thought these cars were a little safer than that.

Hope everything works out OK for you. Remember, though it is a great car, it is still just a car.