PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry

extinctaccord
01-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Has anybody here installed a keyless entry system in their car without power locks or power windows, i wannna get one from best buy but one of my buddies said that they would have to order extra parts cuz i dont have power locks...i was jw if anybody has installed one without power locks and how much it would cost extra for all the parts

thanks

bobafett
01-24-2004, 07:56 AM
you will need to add power door lock actuators and then some form of alarm or keyless entry remote control.

some people can add the actuators themselves, it depends on your abilities with wiring, and your experience with auto installs like that... guessing that u though u could do keyless entry with manual locks i would say find a friend to help you, or take it to a shop (u will pay out the ass though)

have fun. thats one of the next projects i am going to try....

RobT5580
01-24-2004, 08:01 AM
If you have an alarm it would be dirt cheap other wise you need something to control it if you dont want an alarm. Auto loc sells kits but they are way overpriced. The actuators you should be able to find on ebay or suck for like $10-15 then you will need two relays, wire, and an alarm or such to control it.

I felt they were very easy to install but you need some wiring knowledge. But i would not spend more than $100 to do it and if they did want that much i would just get an alarm first then the locks done.

PsychoPaul
01-25-2004, 10:03 AM
bobafett: if you manage to get it to work. post a how-to. i would like to know.

Can you get the actuators from a wrecked 3g and use them in a 3g that does not come with them. I have an Ex-i coupe could i do that?

Bloodlust
01-25-2004, 10:32 AM
I just got keyless entry install in my coupe yesterday. I didnt do it myself, I had a car audio shop do it for me.

RobT5580
01-25-2004, 11:18 AM
It was probably one of the best things i did to my car. Before i did it i was just like its no big deal but im glad i did it cause it beats messing with the key and in the winter i always have problems with frozen locks so it avoids having to mess with that.