PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Color

skull1441
01-25-2004, 08:12 PM
my car is the light blue and black bumpers kind...... i sand papered my bumpers cus i want to repaint them but im not sure which color to paint it ...... should i just repaint it black ???? feel free to post ur ideas .. thnx

i.c.
01-25-2004, 08:20 PM
blue with the black stripe.....i want to do that...but i'm gonna just get some lxi bumpers or something...

MIK3
01-25-2004, 09:06 PM
I'd go with the manufactures original color of "Black Gray". If you got a chance to check out my bumpers, that is the color I used. It looks best on light colored cars, if you want to get that "stock" look. That's just my opinion though. When you paint your bumpers remember to clean first w/ acetone, sand, clean w/ acetone again, mask very well with a lot of newspaper everywhere so you have no dark overspray on the light color of the car, apply first coat, let dry and apply second coat, let dry and then apply 2 coats of clearcoat, and unmask w/ shock as it looks simply amazing. Heh.

Silver86LX
01-27-2004, 05:19 PM
I re-painted my bumpers on my LX back in the spring. I sanded with 220 grit, cleaned it and then painted. Real easy to do.