PDA

View Full Version : Tire came off my rim when doin a donut

doosky2k
01-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah I'm a dumbass and I also don't care cuz it was worth it, besides my rim didn't get damaged. I was with my buddies on this abandoned dirt road that was beside a grassy hill. I tell my buddies check this out and they just stood back in their cars. I go up to about 20 mph in my 87 4 door lx and then turn the wheel fast while pullin on the e brake. I bumped against the hill which was kinda steep (steepest hill I've seen in florida's smooth, curveless terrain) and my friends all shouted,"that was the best donut u have ever done then one of them looked at my passenger side front tire and shouted, "STOP!!! ur tire is off ur rim!"
I'm rollin on a donut til tomorrow when I take my car to my auto tech class and patch up whatever damage that my tire took and also roll it up onto the alignment rack, if I can't do that I will just take my car to sams club where I have road hazard coverage and tell them that I lost control of my car and hit the curb. I have never heard of this happening before, but I have no regrets and I'd do it again!

300700'88lx-i
01-25-2004, 09:51 PM
yeah, definately check the alignment. Also check to see if any of the control arms got bent, but I reckon that putting it up on the alignment rack will be a more accurate way to tell than a visual inspection, but look check anyways. Sounds like you hit that pretty hard. I can't talk shit though, I've done just as stupid things and fucked up my car even more in the process.

bobafett
01-25-2004, 09:54 PM
hahah as long as ur not pissed thats cool.

good donuts and burnouts are always welcome! ;)

johndej
01-26-2004, 07:57 AM
dude that same thing almost happened to my friend and his teg last night. we were riding down this road and it had just started to snow (bout like .5in) and we take this turn and pulls the e brake. well, we slide on the snow but then hit this spot where the plow had been by and salted. the car just stopped turning about 3 feet into it and it sent me (in passenger seat) into his window. it was great but we thought for shure it pulled the tire off.

lightbulblxi
01-26-2004, 10:55 AM
yea, its cool ur not pissed.

Dennis
01-26-2004, 11:08 AM
donuts are retarded. it's a waste, you don't gain anything but trouble whether its by the cops or by your tire falling off. :321:

bobafett
01-26-2004, 12:08 PM
donuts are retarded. it's a waste, you don't gain anything but trouble whether its by the cops or by your tire falling off. :321:

lol live a little... ;) its all in good fun...

modding a car is a waste, you dont gain anything. posting on the internet is especially a waste, yet we alllllll do these things...

its not YOUR tire that fell off