PDA

View Full Version : Windshild washer fluid not working?!?!?

$mokenB'$
01-26-2004, 06:59 AM
I filled the washer fluid all the way and when i try to use it it does not spray out. does anyone have any clue what it might be??? im just hoping its not going to cost me any money.

SteveDX89
01-26-2004, 08:14 AM
I'm having the same problem. I can hear the motor but nothing comes out. I'm thinking maybe the lines froze or something.

smufguy
01-26-2004, 08:53 AM
does it leak anywhere? Most likely the nozzles are clogged. Unhook the clear tube from the T connector under the hood and leave it hanging while u use ur windshield washer and see if it squirts out, if it does, then its your nozzle, if not, check to see if the motor is running. If it is running, then the feed end of the motor is possible clogged.

I am in the process of getting newer nozzles from the Accords or the civics for a spray type rather than squirters. I hate two line squirts and they dont do shit for my glass. I like the spray type ones.

MrBen
01-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Most likely your pump is fried. Listen to it while it is on. Hear anything? If no, check fuse. If fuse is good, your pump is fried.

If you hear the pump, you have a break/crack/clog in your tubing. Your nozzles could be clogged but I doubt that since all four nozzles would have to be clogged at the same time.

$mokenB'$
01-26-2004, 11:10 AM
there was a clog. Not anymore :). Thanx

Bryan
01-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Make sure that the nozzle it coems out of isn't caroded and covered. If it gets plugged take them off and obviously clean them out.

shepherd79
01-26-2004, 12:02 PM
it happened to me one winter.
the lines froze and i didn't have the fluid. the motor was spinning but the fluid wasn't comming out.
you just have to wait till the spring to defrost the lines.
you may be able to disconnect the line and spray some ice melting spray down the line. i am not sure how effective it will be.

x3r0
01-27-2004, 07:31 PM
This happend to me last week... come to notice that the hose used to transport the washer fluid gets brittle..... its probably broke soemwhere, u may have to run another hose.. mine broke just above the hood so I can see it... but I didn't know why the washer fluid wasn't comming out for a whole week until I saw that the hose had broke off in a spot. check right by the hood henge.. thats where my broke off, so now all the fluid just shoots all up under the hood hehe.

theDougler
02-02-2006, 11:51 PM
i'm having a similar problem and i think the washer motor is fried, would i have to take the fender off to get at the washer motor?

halxi
02-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Lines arent froze, but the fluid in the resivor is. Or its slush, not being pumped.

Its winter here in north america, BUY WINTER WASHER FLUID. LOL

A18A
02-03-2006, 12:20 AM
i'm having a similar problem and i think the washer motor is fried, would i have to take the fender off to get at the washer motor?
you dont have to take the fender off to get at the motor, just take off your front bumper

theDougler
02-03-2006, 12:40 AM
sweet action thanx overdosed a18a

DBMaster
02-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Yeah, mine did the same thing about a year ago. All four openings in both nozzles were clogged. What a pain! By the time I got them unclogged and readjusted the little steel ball nozzles I wished I had just ordered new ones!

offthahook
02-03-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm in the same boat with my 84... We tried putting a needle in the nozzle but I think it pushed the stuff farther back (if the debris was actually there). Mine is only on the pass. side; driver squirter functions fine. The rear squirter is bad, too. I think that tube runs in the headliner. Prolly let that one go unless we get wild one day. We'll try the easy stuff first that we can get to. Then, we may have to undo that black plastic piece of windshield trim. Fun awaits on that one.

Honda-Master
02-04-2006, 01:39 AM
you dont have to take the fender off to get at the motor, just take off your front bumper

woooo .. hold on there my man,, you don't have to take the bumper out,, all you got to do is remove a few clips on the inner fender liner .( lower left ).and you can easily get to the motor....

smufguy
02-04-2006, 08:56 AM
yeah you could do that without removing the bumper, But it would help only if you have a ratchet wrench cause the space under there is limited.

russiankid
02-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Lines arent froze, but the fluid in the resivor is. Or its slush, not being pumped.
Its winter here in north america, BUY WINTER WASHER FLUID. LOLhe is in florida:slap:

spnrx
02-04-2006, 12:10 PM
I know this is prolly a noob question but how do you take off the fender. I need to run a new line for the washer fluid cause the one that came with the car someone decided to cut it be for I got it.

Honda-Master
02-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I know this is prolly a noob question but how do you take off the fender. I need to run a new line for the washer fluid cause the one that came with the car someone decided to cut it be for I got it.

you don't have to remove the fender,,, just remove the clips for the fender lining,,, the tube is under the lining ...(.the black plastic piece under the fender )...

theDougler
02-13-2006, 01:04 AM
i think you said once already

StressSolutions
02-13-2006, 12:04 PM
I filled the washer fluid all the way and when i try to use it it does not spray out. does anyone have any clue what it might be??? im just hoping its not going to cost me any money.
Frozen? Fuse? Bad motor? Dirt in nozzle? Lots of options. Good luck.

theDougler
02-15-2006, 11:34 AM
woooo .. hold on there my man,, you don't have to take the bumper out,, all you got to do is remove a few clips on the inner fender liner .( lower left ).and you can easily get to the motor....

alright that sounds like a lot less work thanx hondamaster

theDougler
02-15-2006, 11:07 PM
well i fixed my motor today didn't have the harnes hooked up