PDA

View Full Version : Heater / Air cond buttons ?

GreenMachine
07-04-2002, 06:34 PM
This has prob. been discussed bfore but I couldn't find any info
What are the push button controls out of ?
I checked at the wrecker in about 15 3rdgens but they all only had the regular slider controls. Is it out of a 4th gen ?

AccordChemist
07-04-2002, 08:16 PM
the push button ones are in lxi's and sei's i believe. maybe in a lx. but i know for sure dx has sliders.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Yep, Mike is right. LX, LX-i, and SE-i all had the push buttons :)

RCracer
07-05-2002, 11:42 AM
Ive never seen a 3rd gen accord with anything other than the button type heater controls in the UK no matter what trim level.
Are the heater controls I have the same as the US spec ones just out of interest.

AccordChemist
07-05-2002, 01:43 PM
yea they are the same except mine have words instead of pictures on the buttons...

87accord
07-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Question!
I got the front heater controls and the metel thinge behind it.What else to i need to make it work? Anyone that has done the conversoin and can explain that would be great. Thx
:confused:

GreenMachine
07-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Too bad there not in an abundance up the northwest !
Checked several wreckers - can't find one
all well i'll just get it on the road and think about that later !:p

pimp86LX
07-08-2002, 01:47 PM
hmm ok what did the LX have?

i have an 86 LX. It has AC and power steering....but no power windows, and its got the sliders instead of the buttons.....could my car be improperly badged??

I'm just not sure what the LX package had...is Canadian model different?

ryan86accordlxi
07-08-2002, 08:01 PM
ok i have every part of my interior painted except the piece that behind the heat/ac slider buttons.....does ne one know how to get those damn slider buttons off. ive tried pullin on them but i dont wanna break them.

89AccordCpe
07-09-2002, 07:15 PM
Put a piece of cloth on the knob (so you don't damage it) and then grab it with a pair of pliers. Wiggle it and pull on it, it'll come off then without too much effort. The pliers definitely help.

87accordlx
07-10-2002, 08:11 AM
pimp:
yes canadian LX models are different, it's pretty much the same as the american DX, mine is an LX and it has power steering, a/c ( the a/c was put in aftermarket and it still doesn't work:mad: ) but no power windows or locks or a sunroof, damnit i want a sunroof!!!

snapper
07-10-2002, 11:08 AM
87accord:

I tried to convert my lever controls to button controls on my 89 dx sedan, but had no luck. I needed to get a mode control unit to put on the heater assembly in order for the buttons to work. Even then I don't know if it would've worked. The main problem is that there is no place to plug the buttons into. You'll need the wire harness for an lxi dashboard in order to do it. I had this and it still didn't work because it needs the motor on the heater unit that changes the controls in order to work. On dx and lx models you do it manually with a lever. On lxi and sei I believe it's done with a the motor that interfaces with the buttons.

Needless to say, it's not really worth it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's as far as I got.

87accord
07-10-2002, 05:05 PM
Dam I hate how the dx looking buttons look! arrr:wtf:

damackz
07-10-2002, 08:04 PM
yeah i got no buttons!!!! havent seen one in can with the buttons mine are the slider type......got an exi= LXI..........hmmm :pimp:

87accord
07-11-2002, 09:45 PM
Come on i know someone on the board did a conversion???:mad: :rant: :confused: :stick:

snapper
07-12-2002, 05:02 AM
I wish there was a how to on it. I have everything, buttons, metal plate, wire harness. Even the vent with the cold air switch that the dx doesn't have. I guess all I'm missing is the control motor. Maybe I'll go to the junk yard and find one. I'll give it a shot next weekend.

killerb09
07-12-2002, 05:55 AM
how about swapping in 88-91 prelude controls??
I just happen to have a set if anyone wants them....hehe pm me