PDA

View Full Version : vacuum diagrams 1988 lxi 5 spd

monsonhonda
07-05-2002, 05:08 AM
check the pictures, my car is surging when i try and hold it anywhere above idke. im going to replace the tps, but i read somewhere if you just disconnect the tps it would disable the fule cut function, but my csr just wont go above 2k rpms when the tps is cut out:wtf: .
any ideas plz

fussell

dj99
07-05-2002, 07:19 AM
I don't have an lxi, but I do have a shop manual.

Your #12 hose on the bypass control solenoid valve goes to the vacuum tank, that routes to hose #5, a check valve and then the intake manifold.

The hose next to it on the valve is #13, and it goes directly from the valve to the bypass control diaphragm mounted on the intake manifold.

The manual says
"Two air intake paths are provided in the intake manifold to allow the selection of the intake path most favorable for a given engine speed. Satisfactory power performance is achieved by closing and opening the bypass valves. High torque at low RPM is acheived when the valves are closed, whereas high power at high RPM is acheived by when the valves are opened."

The ECU opens the bypass valve when engine RPM is above 5,000. The solenoid runs off the the #1 fuse.

Hope this helps you out a bit. You really should score a manual on ebay ($25?). It has steps for checking every part of your emissions system. Isn't there also a vacuum diagram on the inside of your hood? I know it's difficult to read! :)

88LXi/87CRXSi
07-05-2002, 09:37 AM
dj99 is right about the routing. If this shows up it may help a little to sort things out. Be VERY glad you don't have a carb! :eek:
Sorry bout the poor quality! Hope it helps!
:)

-Steve

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2e63af03/bc/My+Photos/88+LX-i+vac+diagram.jpg?bcghHU9ABfSTaupL

monsonhonda
07-05-2002, 03:54 PM
dude, the pic doesnt work. i have access to the diagrams but they show numbers that dont always match up. really there are just two things that seem screwy. ill go out and take some pictures and post them of the car.

thanks

fussell

monsonhonda
07-05-2002, 04:11 PM
first picture, the line on the bottom of the back row of vacuum lines in the metal bunch shown has no line on it. this line runs through a short metal line and then to the thermovalve.

picture two. the vacuum line is plugged and there was formerly the same setup on the capped line i have circled

third pic. on my other accord there was a plug here attached to a small unit, this car has snipped wires, i checked behind the tape and they are snipped

thanks

fussell

monsonhonda
07-05-2002, 04:11 PM
pic 2

monsonhonda
07-05-2002, 04:12 PM
and pic 3

monsonhonda
07-07-2002, 03:17 PM
i edited my above post, plz help

fussell