PDA

View Full Version : saggy door

Brentm
01-26-2004, 11:51 PM
my drivers side door has no support, it sags a bit and its really hard to open and close, does anyone have any pictures of whats supposed to be supporting the door, or how to fix my door?

k-roy
01-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Hmm, your door is probably just out of alignment. The easiest way to to get a jack to support the door while you loosen the adjustment bolts on the hinge. Then jack it up a little bit and tighten the bolts. It is a little bit of trial and error but thats how its done. I had to do that when I first baught my car.
If you want pics you should get the service manual from www.pauldesign.ru
*edit* thats a 41 meg download for the body alone, in case you have dialup here ya go.

Moodybluesr
01-27-2004, 06:39 AM
Could be out of alignment, or it could be that the hinges are worn out (like on my 300ZX). Open the door and lift up on it. If you notice play in the hinges, they need to be replaced.

87accordlxi
01-27-2004, 06:54 AM
Your door jamb could also be rusted. I had that exact problem and my door was sagging horribly, and I had to have it re-welded. Cost me $150. I'll dig up some pics later today.

Brentm
01-27-2004, 11:40 AM
The little hinge thingy between the 2 main hinges is busted off, I just found that out. Once the weather warms up, yea its like -40 today, ill try jacking up the door and tightening everything down. I jsut think that all the bolts are loose, butI will have a look and report backl.

Moodybluesr
01-27-2004, 08:18 PM
The small bar between the hinges has nothing to do with the problem. That is what keeps your doo from closing when it is open. If the door is sagging, the problem would be with the hinges themselves or with the door jamb as previously suggested.

87accordlxi
01-28-2004, 03:16 PM
here's my pics before I had it fixed. notice the rust in the door jambs.

http://www.87accordlxi.com/hosting/106-0643_IMG.JPG

http://www.87accordlxi.com/hosting/106-0644_IMG.JPG

k-roy
01-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Damn Joe, I thought Ohio was bad to my car.

HondaBoy
01-29-2004, 09:39 PM
if its rusted or something, its just like my friends acclaim. the front door hinge is welded to the car or something. i know the hinge is welded to the door itself and the weld seam is rusted and pulling off. dont know about that there. my friend made his passenger side door on the same car sag too. he parked his car next to my electric gate, leaving the door open. it bent the hinges and kinda "tore" them off when the gate was opening. it now sags on both sides. too bad for that car.