PDA

View Full Version : EGR lift sensor

mattalica
01-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Ok,I checked my ecu light and it flashed 12x's.According to the problem sheet I got from shepard79 that means I have some kinda problem w/ my EGR lift sensorhttp://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=26342 It's great to finally know what the problem is but,where the hell is my EGR lift sensor and how the heck do I fix it?Thank you in advance for any help,Matt :help:

TINBOAT
01-27-2004, 08:56 AM
the sensor is right on top of the EGR, gotta replace the whole EGR, as it is integral (I believe)....usually it's a cracked vaccuum diaphram on the EGR itself, which causes the sensor to send a code to the ecu that the valve isnt opening.....easy test is to put a longer vacuum line on the EGR and apply suction to it, and block it off and see if it holds vaccuum (use your tongue)...if it dont hold, replace the EGR.

mattalica
01-27-2004, 01:32 PM
the sensor is right on top of the EGR, gotta replace the whole EGR, as it is integral (I believe)....usually it's a cracked vaccuum diaphram on the EGR itself, which causes the sensor to send a code to the ecu that the valve isnt opening.....easy test is to put a longer vacuum line on the EGR and apply suction to it, and block it off and see if it holds vaccuum (use your tongue)...if it dont hold, replace the EGR.
Wha- kin- of a dumb ithea wuth tha-!!tethting the EGR withth my thongue!!Thath no- funny!Thtupid EGR!It duthn't even tathte good!!DAMN YOU TINBOAT!!DAMN YOU!!lol.thanks for the help,Matt

Justin86
01-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Wha- kin- of a dumb ithea wuth tha-!!tethting the EGR withth my thongue!!Thath no- funny!Thtupid EGR!It duthn't even tathte good!!DAMN YOU TINBOAT!!DAMN YOU!!lol.thanks for the help,Matt
Whoa damn there dude, in english please! Well most likely it is your EGR lift sensor, that is the problem 99% of the time.

TINBOAT
01-27-2004, 05:25 PM
..just wanna know....did it hold vaccuum ?.....BTW...my wife dont bitch as much when she...oh...never mind...LOL

mattalica
01-27-2004, 10:07 PM
..just wanna know....did it hold vaccuum ?.....BTW...my wife dont bitch as much when she...oh...never mind...LOL
No it didn't hold vaccum!thankth for athking!