PDA

View Full Version : Keys locked in side

Sherlock87LXI
01-27-2004, 01:27 PM
I blow tranny and get in car a week later to look for a CD. I lock keys in car. Not in hurry but how I get them out? I have no car break in tools.

Bloodlust
01-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Smash the window :D. J/P. Get a coat hanger and try to unlock it that way. Last resort call the police and have one of them come up.

k-roy
I dunno if I want to respond to this, I might be telling someone how to break into a car that is not theirs.
Tell you what, post a picture of your car with the keys locked inside.
If you do that I will send you a privite message explaining how to get in.
I don't want to give away information to this to someone that could use it in a bad way.

MrBen
Well if you're feeling adventurous, get a wire coat hanger and a screwedriver and pry the window out so you can slip the coat hanger in. Make sure the hanger has a little curl on the end, so you can lift up the lock with it once you get it inside the window.

Sherlock87LXI
01-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Ive done it with a hanger once. that cracked the paint and its FREAKING cold out.
Cops might have to work. i was just wanting my house key back.
That and i dont wanna break it in. My room mate just bought a 3g 88 LX with front end damage for 200$ for the engine and tranny and were gonna have some fun now. :)
Now to find guide for auto to stick swap.

Dustin Imports
01-27-2004, 01:42 PM
AAA if you have it, or coat hanger. Any auto shop or towtruck palce has a slim jim.

*snap into a slim jim, Ohhhhhhhh Yea!!!*

3rdgenlxi
01-27-2004, 02:04 PM
AAA if you have it, or coat hanger. Any auto shop or towtruck palce has a slim jim.

*snap into a slim jim, Ohhhhhhhh Yea!!!*
try your friends key in the door. It may work. My 88 accord key works in the drivers door of my 88 civic, but nowhere else. It may just be old and worn enough to work.

Sherlock87LXI
01-27-2004, 02:17 PM
ah yes that idea. a few of my friends have this car... i have 2 chances. the driver door has been rekeyed and is different from the ignition and passenger door. :)
I had 2 keys on key ring for this car. Here goes nothing.

NXRacer
01-27-2004, 02:22 PM
sadly, most keys from the same generation work. I"ve seen it done on numerous hondas from all different years. You have a good chance of that working.

As for the auto to manual swap, there is a HOW TO in the how to section.

Sherlock87LXI
01-27-2004, 02:48 PM
well what luck.
4 different keys and none work. figures. they were neighbors.

EvilPenciler
01-27-2004, 07:29 PM
place your hand firmly on teh window and fornce it down a bit take a coat hanger and pop it open

blazin3gen
01-27-2004, 09:07 PM
kroy pm me that info just in case shit like this happens to me :D

x3r0
01-27-2004, 10:35 PM
bend one end of the wire into a hook. slideit down against the window between the lock and the edge of the door. Fish for the locking-mechanism lever (its about six to eight inches farther down than the lock itself). When you've hooked it, pull up to release the catch. May not work on the accord, I havn't tried this method

x3r0
01-27-2004, 10:38 PM
I got in my mustang by bending the corner of the door just enough for a coat hanger, and lifted the lock button up :-)

Sherlock87LXI
01-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Last time i had to pry the door (while closed) and stick the hanger down from the top of the door. but i almost lost my finger 2 times. My lock is broke and the key and holding the leaver up and fliping the auto-lock are the only ways to lock the car. I forgot after getting out when looking for a CD and it wasnt in there. I should broke my finger and jamed my hand in door before it shut. I have insurance on the hand. not the car. GRRR

DigitaLuminescence
01-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Man that sucks. But it has happened to me a lot (I am absent minded at times). I usually call the police (not 911 but the nearest office, and get transferred around) or AAA sometimes. I have yet to open my car door from the outside with a hanger, damn locks!

mattalica
01-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Dude,bust out the passenger side window reach in unlock door open door grab keys go around car unlock drivers door now your in and your window is still intact screw the passenger!!Seriouslyf all else fails try getting the window trim piece (the one that looks like a squigee)off and then u can stick a coat hanger in w/ ease and move the door lock "rod"forward to unlock the door.Just a little fyi AAA only costs 40 bucks a year and this is one of the services they provide not to mention complete DMV services,except licence renewal.

lightbulblxi
01-28-2004, 01:27 PM
try this, get a blank key, file it down so it is kinda thin, take like 2-3 3g keys, and one by one file all the patterns, onto the blank key, try it in your door, if u get the right keys, it will make a master key, at least it worked on old maximas, not that i would kno.

Sherlock87LXI
01-28-2004, 02:54 PM
*Evil grin*
master key huh?
That sounds illegal. Or is this one of those Just dont get caught, ones?
lol
Im looking for a few more options.... like... Slim jim on the PASSENGER side. my dad is getting one from a guy he works with. We will see.