PDA

View Full Version : fuel rail

mattalica
01-27-2004, 01:40 PM
simple question.Are there any fuel rail for our cars other than OEM stuff?If so, where are they?

1988starter
01-29-2004, 05:55 PM
nope only the OEM rail

BootMachine
01-30-2004, 12:20 PM
You can midify the rail pretty easy though...Just get another one and run a dual rail setup!

or...get a JDM fuel rail. The ends are buldged and it LOOKS like it would hold more fuel when compared side by side with the USDM fuel rail HOWEVER....if it does hold more fuel...its not very much!

NXRacer
01-30-2004, 12:29 PM
i wonder how hard it would be to have one custom made. All it is is a tube with a fuel intake port and dumps for the injectors and spots to bolt it to the IM. Couldnt be too hard to fab up by a halfway decent machinist.....

BootMachine
01-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Oh man....just give me a milling machine and a lathe and I can whip up whatever fuel rail you can dream of....I'll make it to fit your BOV...make it hold 13 US gallons....ba ha ha ha ha h!

But yeah.....I can make one if I have access to the tools.

I think what I'm going to do is just run two fuel rails in series and use the banjo fittings to transfer fuel from one to the next!

YOu would need really sharp drill bits to make the part where the injectors plug into the fuel rail. If the bits chattered the surface would be fukt and you would never get those injectors to seal properly without some silicone!

mattalica
01-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Here's my new question(s).First how do I do the dual fuel rail setup and how benificial is it?i.e. is it worth the effort?(B)what excactly is it that makes a after market fuel rail better?Is it the amount of fuel that is fowing?If that's the case why not just bore out the OEM rail?

turfnnsurf
01-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Im curious as to why you feel more fuel is needed?? What upgrades have you got in your car? Before you get into making a fuel rail or modding one for your car try getting a better fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. In most cases the OEM fuel rail will hold more than enough fuel to support most upgrades. You could also look into getting an Apexi SAFC, to supply more fuel.

mattalica
01-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Im curious as to why you feel more fuel is needed?? What upgrades have you got in your car? Before you get into making a fuel rail or modding one for your car try getting a better fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. In most cases the OEM fuel rail will hold more than enough fuel to support most upgrades. You could also look into getting an Apexi SAFC, to supply more fuel.
Well an AEM fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump are definately on my wish list.A far as why I feel I need more fuel...well I don't.I just wanted to know .Maybe for future use or so I can help someone who does't have acces to this killer site.And BTW what is an Apexi SAFC.I'm kinda new to this stuff.

turfnnsurf
01-31-2004, 08:21 AM
Ahhhhhh ok, Having the knowledge is always a good thing... Here is a link to the Apexi site http://www.apexi-usa.com/electronics_safc.asp Basically the SAFC is a piggyback fuel computer, It intercepts the air flow signal to the computer and allows you to adjust it to ad or remove fuel supplied by the injectors. For example, I upgraded the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and injectors in my car to support a bigger turbo install. So I bought a SAFC and installed it to tune my car. The stock ECU can't compensate for larger injectors and a bigger fuel pump. It was programed for a stock setup only. Now I am able to take away fuel at idle so the car doesn't run to rich and waste gas, then at WOT i can ad fuel at increasing RPM's to keep up with the demand from the engine. There is alot more detail I could go into but I don't want to waste space on this server with my ramblings. If you want to know how my car pulls now PM Coroncho80 on this site, He has ridden in my car when it was basically stock and also now that i have modded it. http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/345000-345999/345603_45_full.jpg

mattalica
02-01-2004, 05:53 PM
THANKS 4 THE INFO HOMIE.tHAT'S BOUND TO HELP WHEN i GET AROUND TO MY FUEL SETUP.OOps cap lock. :bow: