PDA

View Full Version : winshield crack

qh187
01-27-2004, 04:33 PM
My car's heater is abnormally hot. Its so hot that if you leave your hand in front of the heater for more than 5 seconds, it starts to burn. Well as I was warming up my car up this morning, I had the defroster on high. Due to the temperature difference the winshield cracked near the dashboard. The crack is about 1.5' long. Is there anything that I should do to keep the crack from getting bigger or anything I should do in general?

Thanks.

zero.counter
01-27-2004, 04:34 PM
My car's heater is abnormally hot. Its so hot that if you leave your hand in front of the heater for more than 5 seconds, it starts to burn. Well as I was warming up my car up this morning, I had the defroster on high. Due to the temperature difference the winshield cracked near the dashboard. The crack is about 1.5' long. Is there anything that I should do to keep the crack from getting bigger or anything I should do in general?

Thanks.
No, not really. If it was ABS plastic, that would be another issue. Get the windsheild repaired/replaced soon.

89accordex
01-27-2004, 05:37 PM
wow my heat barely works and your cracks your windsheild must be nice.

Blkblurr
02-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Check the thermostat. it should be 192 to 195 degrees. Your temp guage should be near the middle when your engine is warm. If not change your thermostat.

DBMaster
02-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Find a local Novus franchise. If you are lucky, $50 should be enough to get the cracked fixed so that it does not spread. That's a lot better than having to buy a new windshield.

Dopefish
02-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Find a local Novus franchise. If you are lucky, $50 should be enough to get the cracked fixed so that it does not spread. That's a lot better than having to buy a new windshield.

Brand new windshield was only 88$ for me.

Defiant[YD]
02-08-2004, 07:35 PM
if the crack is on the outside, try not to get any cold water on/in it.
the crack on my accord got a lot bigger after every time cold water got in there. and it all started from one small chip. now a quarter of my windshield on the cord is seperated by that fuggin crack.