PDA

View Full Version : chirpin sound

87AccordLXsdn
01-27-2004, 05:43 PM
ok this started when i changed my brake pads on the front. its only on the drivers side front and it sounds like a bird chirping when it hits any little bump and its really annoying. i dunno if its a bad strut or what. can someone help me out?

zero.counter
01-27-2004, 05:51 PM
A little bird is stuck in your wheel well asking to get out!

Have you applied any brake anti-squeal compound to the shims or behind the pad surface? How did you jack the car when you changed the pads? Did you apply some grease to the pivot bolt on the caliper?

87AccordLXsdn
01-27-2004, 06:05 PM
A little bird is stuck in your wheel well asking to get out!

Have you applied any brake anti-squeal compound to the shims or behind the pad surface? How did you jack the car when you changed the pads? Did you apply some grease to the pivot bolt on the caliper?

well yea i put anti squeal stuff on but they still to squeal but this chirping is different. i just jacked up the car with a regular car jack and no i didnt put any grease on the pivot bolt, which i guess i probly should considering that i had to buy a new one. thats probly the problem. i'll check it out when i can actually move my car into my garage (currently snowed in)

carotman
01-27-2004, 07:20 PM
It could be the pad springs that cause that problem.