PDA

View Full Version : DSM Injectors

1988starter
01-27-2004, 08:40 PM
What things will I have to do to get DSM injectors to work with my A20

Sean
01-27-2004, 08:53 PM
ahh toss the stock engine management in a garbage can. thats the best place to start. oh and a good fuel pump wouldnt hurt a bit.

1988starter
01-27-2004, 08:56 PM
ok but without tossing the stock management any suggestions

Sean
01-27-2004, 09:03 PM
ok but without tossing the stock management any suggestions

no not really unless you want to throw fuel into the engine in a rampant manner

1988starter
01-27-2004, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=Sean]no not really unless you want to throw fuel into the engine in a rampant manner[/QUOTEI found some that are 280 cc and at www.homemadeturbo.com I read about adding resistors but I was wondering if we had to do that because of the resistor box. Also do pla on monitoring it with a af gauge and ajusting the fuel pressure accordingly

Sean
01-27-2004, 09:14 PM
[qoute]found some that are 280 cc and at www.homemadeturbo.com I read about adding resistors but I was wondering if we had to do that because of the resistor box. Also do pla on monitoring it with a af gauge and ajusting the fuel pressure accordingly[/QUOTE]

yeah i man you can actually turn them on and off. thats easy. adjusting the fp on injectors over 2x the size of the stocker aitn gonna cut it. secondly why bother. the injectors and the ecu dont get along. save your money and buy some good efi. seriously. your engine will thank you. hacking up the single most critical aspect of keeping the engine in one piece its huge.

1988starter
01-27-2004, 09:29 PM
I thought the stock were 240 cc I am able to get my hands on a set of 280cc cheap is it really going to be that hard to control them

Sean
01-27-2004, 09:38 PM
why do you need bigger injectors ? ask your self that first. are you out of fuel ?

1988starter
01-28-2004, 05:00 AM
why do you need bigger injectors ? ask your self that first. are you out of fuel ?

Just because it is a good deal as of now for parts aquisition for the final NA project. So because I lack money I am will get parts if I find a good deal. No if someone could actually be of use and tell me what exactly do I need to get these to work correctly mainly do I need to soder inline resistors or is the stock resistor box going to be alright.

PhydeauX
01-28-2004, 06:39 AM
To get them to work right you have to readjust your fuel curves. No real way around that. You can turn the pressure down but the fuel pressure and the amount of fuel you get out of each pulse is not in a linear relationship. You pop those injectors in there and you're just going to over fuel, get bad mpg, loose performance, and fail your next emissions test. You'll probalby clog the cat too. If you can't pass up the deal buy them and store then untill you have the rest of the parts to make it work. If you must find this out for yourself the stock resistor box will probalby be fine.

andy

Gregg86DX
01-28-2004, 08:27 AM
I'd take a look at using one of those Fuel Controllers, like the Apexi VAFC. They essentially trick your ECU into thinking a different amount of air is entering your engine. This allows you to adjust the fuel curve. I agree with PhydeauX on this one; go ahead and get the injectors, but wait until you get the rest of the parts you need before you install them.

Gregg

shepherd79
01-28-2004, 08:58 AM
i wouldn't get apexi VAFC because it is Vtec air flow controler.
you need Apexi SAFC. Super air flow controler.

othick
01-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Does the s-afc work with the a20? I'm running 375cc injectors in my del sol and the s-afc works perfect, I was thinking about trying the same thing in the Accord if I ever turbo it.

88LXiHB
01-28-2004, 11:56 AM
DSM injectors are 450cc. I'm thinking those are a bit to much for you guys, even trying to control them. they'd be in a 15% duty cycle...(sarcasm).

PhydeauX
01-28-2004, 02:22 PM
s-afc or any other sort of piggy back system should do the trick. Again there is no sense putting larger injectors on untill you have the other mods to acquire them. A piggyback system won't give you the full tunable expierence, its just fooling the stock ecu. You don't have as much control over the motor and won't be able to tweak as much power out of it. But its also cheaper so what ever way you want to go.

1988starter
01-28-2004, 03:08 PM
DSM injectors are 450cc. I'm thinking those are a bit to much for you guys, even trying to control them. they'd be in a 15% duty cycle...(sarcasm).
Once again these are 280 cc DSM injectors for a non turbo DSM

Accordtheory
01-30-2004, 06:42 PM
According to hondata, zdyne, etc, etc, the honda ecu has a 30% correction factor. That is why the biggest injectors you see most people running are 310cc's. I don't know if your dsm injectors will physically fit in the honda manifold, my secondary 450 cc's have different dimensions and didn't, but they aren't in the factory location anyway... Also,when people put the 310's in, as soon as their ecu goes into closed loop, it starts reducing the pulse width, to compensate for the increased fuel, thus undoing what they were trying to accomplish in the first place. However, if your engine is modified to the point where it would be running lean with the original injectors and pulse width, then increasing the injector size would not be a bad idea, as you would be preserving your ecu's correction factor. And finally, there isn't really a difference between resistor boxes, so if the dsm had a resistor box, your factory resistors should work fine. I used a honda box for my dsm 450s.

Johnny O
01-30-2004, 06:55 PM
I do not think those injector will work correctly because of the type they are but injectors from a 2nd gen integra or a older civic si will work correctly.

88LXiHB
01-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Once again these are 280 cc DSM injectors for a non turbo DSM

Oh, haha. I don't think about NTs when "DSM" is mentioned...

dXsquared
01-30-2004, 07:20 PM
NT DSM's dont have resistor boxes

Travis

Sean
01-30-2004, 08:22 PM
ugh i run 1200cc injectors in my honda. i can control them just fine.

1988starter
01-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Ok guy I decided to get them and give em a try I mean it was only 25 bucks. Eventually I want to finish all the head and intake work get some 11:1 pistons and upgrade the ecu but once again I am poor. :sad:

Johnny O
01-31-2004, 07:11 PM
I have a set of 310 injectors if you want them,pm me,they came from a integra and they will work.

88LXiHB
02-02-2004, 02:06 AM
ugh i run 1200cc injectors in my honda. i can control them just fine.

That's awesome!

You are an everyday kid with an AFC!

:rolleyes:

smufguy
02-09-2004, 11:26 AM
well, i have a high volume fuel pump that chris left in the car and i have the pressure gauge and adjustable fuel pressure regulator cuz my car was running too rich. Anyway, would i benefit from using the 310cc injectors inplace of my stock ones? i have full exhaust like anyone else and an intake so its all basic. I was not getting the answer that starter was asking so im asking agian. Am i gonna benefit from what my fuel system has (mainly the pump and regulator) and get a little bit of performance?

Accordtheory
02-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I seriously doubt it...

smufguy
02-10-2004, 05:56 AM
but why do you doubt it? im not asking for personal thought. I want someone who understands the mechanics behind it. I mean, i know u get a noticeable difference in acceleration with two or three psi, more than stock psi. but i was just wondering if the injectors would actually pump in a lil more fuel than before when the pressure is bumped up? If not, why? Whats the duty cycle supposed to tell about the injector? thanks for the answers.