PDA

View Full Version : help ASAP!!! emissions test?

LX-i Girl
01-27-2004, 09:37 PM
ok my parents decided to hand over to me the title of my car for my b-day (my b-day isn't until april) so i'm like ok that's fine i don't care. cheap present for them since they don't have anything to do with the car. so today they hand it all over to me and my dad said that he couldn't do my part of the title transfer since i live in vancouver and they have emissions testing so i'm like SHI*T!!! i pretty much have 15 days to get the test done and get the rest of the title transferred over to me and i have headers, high flow cat, 2.5" pipe, and a fireball style muffler. what the heck am i suppose to do to my car so i can pass emissions? anyone know? I need help ASAP!

Cyric_accord
01-27-2004, 10:46 PM
ok my parents decided to hand over to me the title of my car for my b-day (my b-day isn't until april) so i'm like ok that's fine i don't care. cheap present for them since they don't have anything to do with the car. so today they hand it all over to me and my dad said that he couldn't do my part of the title transfer since i live in vancouver and they have emissions testing so i'm like SHI*T!!! i pretty much have 15 days to get the test done and get the rest of the title transferred over to me and i have headers, high flow cat, 2.5" pipe, and a fireball style muffler. what the heck am i suppose to do to my car so i can pass emissions? anyone know? I need help ASAP!

Well, your cat should still be lowering your emissions... but if you could... take your car back home and get it re-registered at home(if they don't have emissions there) and then drive back... they can't make you do emissions if it's not registered in that area... i think, i haven't had a problem yet

blazin3gen
01-27-2004, 10:56 PM
dont worry about it im pretty shure your car will pass emissions with all that intact but then again who knows, we have emissions here in cali and its a pain in the ass but good luck on it, if u dont pass they give u time to fix your car so u can get it passed just dont worry bout it

MattsAccord
01-28-2004, 12:48 AM
I just remembered I have to do that this month also. Since were on the subject I have a carb car with the civic intake adapter thingy should this be a problem.

LX-i Girl
01-28-2004, 12:50 AM
i can't take it back home. my address is vancouver my liscense is vancouver and my dad already signed the papers and it's no longer his. but after talking to a few people (thank goodness for our aol chat thing) i have a few tricks that i am going to pull out and it should be no problem. thanks for all of your help though!

87Hybrid
01-28-2004, 05:06 AM
Just register it at your parrents house, DMV dosent ask for proof of residance, I know people that live here and register their cars at Long beach.

Cyric_accord
01-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Just register it at your parrents house, DMV dosent ask for proof of residance, I know people that live here and register their cars at Long beach.

Yeah, I live in Dane County... renewed my license in Kenosha County and they didn't care, just took my picture and sent me off with a new one

LX-i Girl
01-28-2004, 12:11 PM
i didn't know that they didn't look for proof of where you live. i might just do that instead, but from what it sounds like i will probably pass emissions, but it would probably just be easier to register it at their house. thanks guys!

k-roy
01-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Just take the test. Tune it a little and do the tricks I told you and you should have no problem. Its not that big of a deal.

LX-i Girl
01-28-2004, 12:13 PM
yeah i know i'm not worried about it anymore

p.s. does anyone know how much it costs to take the test?

HostileJava
01-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Shouldn't be a problem and the test will depend on where you take it. It should be included with your inspection.

NXRacer
01-28-2004, 12:28 PM
you'll have to talk to one of the portland locals. We are lucky enough to not have to worry about DEQ in salem. :rockon:

LX-i Girl
01-28-2004, 12:28 PM
what inspection? i was never told anything about an inspection?

blazin3gen
01-28-2004, 12:46 PM
yea depends where u do it here to do it its 60 bucks probly waayyy lowere where your at

MattsAccord
01-28-2004, 04:39 PM
you'll have to talk to one of the portland locals. We are lucky enough to not have to worry about DEQ in salem. :rockon:
Man wonder why we have inspections down here if you guys don't up there. I sure that more people live in Salem then in Medford. This sucks :bs: