PDA

View Full Version : mattalica's 87 accord lxi

mattalica
01-27-2004, 10:51 PM
http://www.87accordlxi.com/hosting/hessencar.jpgA work in progress!I bought her in april '03 w/ a craptastic blue paint job (the color on the bumpers) no sounds bone stock except the drop(cut springs)for $700!the entire sound system I have listed cost me less than $500 and the cheesy 15's cost $50 bucks ea. at Pep Boys!I am a cheap bastard but I found most of it on sale.

blazin3gen
01-27-2004, 10:53 PM
looks good man lookin good

TJ89Accord
01-27-2004, 10:54 PM
drop looks good. What are your plans?

Mike89Accordcom
01-27-2004, 11:03 PM
hmmmmm, not sure what to say.....

blazin3gen
01-27-2004, 11:04 PM
didnt have to say it twice :rolleyes:

what can i say its his work in progress

mattalica
01-27-2004, 11:14 PM
next week I'm getting a 2 1/4" header back Bullet(brand name not style)exhaust setup from Express Mufflers here in Esco.from there i'm thinking about the Venom performance module.Suspension will most likely be next.Ground control adjustable coilovers Tokico blue shocks and Suspension Techniques 1 3/8"- 15/16" sway bar set DCsports upper strut bar.Hopefully I'll have enough clams to do the paint.I am looking for a dark "matrix" green and satin or semi-gloss black on the bump on the hood.I have my doors prepped for remote openers and I might go w/ a remote starter just for kicks.I have other mechanical mods like the home made AEM cai i saw on 3geez.later for the rest of my plans.

mattalica
01-27-2004, 11:15 PM
didnt have to say it twice :rolleyes:

what can i say its his work in progress
What he said! :gun:

DigitaLuminescence
01-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Nice. Anymore pics, such as interior, etc.?
BTW, are your Venom injectors good, hp increase?

Um, and about your stickers... personally I don't care one way or another, but you may get some flak from other users for them (especially the APC one). Just a thought.

blazin3gen
01-27-2004, 11:35 PM
hey bro how do the cut springs handle

mattalica
01-27-2004, 11:43 PM

Um, and about your stickers... personally I don't care one way or another, but you may get some flak from other users for them (especially the APC one). Just a thought.
I didn't notice a significant increase in hp BUT I am still runnig a stock intake and I'm not sure if I need to notify my ECU of the change.I think the biggest improvement was throttle response my baby has a little more snap in high rev 3rd and 4th.As far as the stickers go Yes I am a little Ok alot cheesy about stickers but ifyou dont like Metallica you can go to...well,I like Metallica.As for the APC it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to be good yeah there's better stuff out there but...

mattalica
01-28-2004, 12:29 AM
hey bro how do the cut springs handle
the cut springs are an easy and cheap way to lower your ride BUT the oem spring was not designed this way.Therefore the spring rate is shot to hell and my ride is very soft and squishy,just like my gut.My car doesn't bounce like it would if the shocks were bad but it does drop on every bump in the road.it probably wouldn't be so bad if I had new shocks and stiffer sway bars and a strut tower bar but as is she does ok but I wouldn't recommend cutting springs

BDaccordguy
01-28-2004, 11:38 AM
dude, im liking the way your car is looking, cant wait to see it painted. As for remote start on a manual.. im not so sure thats real good for your car. also, i think your rims look good on there, even if they were cheapies from pep boys.

Cyric_accord
01-28-2004, 12:24 PM

I have the Venom Super Flow injectors in my car... I haven't felt a real difference between stock and these.

And keep up the good work!

whyterice
01-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Keep up the good work.

AccordArizona89
01-28-2004, 01:52 PM
that primer job is awesome. that color is tight for primer

adams86lxi
01-28-2004, 05:54 PM
dude i like your car. I think it will look awesome once it is painted! good work man! :cool:

carotman
01-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Ditch the DC header and exhaust for now and get REAL shocks that can handle a drop... not the shitty tokicos... get revalved billsteins instead

mattalica
01-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the advice any idea where I can get them...CHEAP!

SteveDX89
01-29-2004, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the advice any idea where I can get them...CHEAP!

Hell no. I'm a bargain hunter and the cheapest I found them for were $95 each. Then you have to pay $65 a strut for revalving. I was fortunate enough to get one of the last pair of Koni's up front so I only had to get 2 revalved. Since Koni decided to be dicks and discontinue their struts for our cars, we have to pay extra.

Car looks good, BTW. Mark has those same rims.

carotman
01-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Well, the tokicos for the rear ain't that bad... (regular billstein would be good too). it's just the front that needs something really stiffer than stock.. Konis were great for that.

lightbulblxi
01-30-2004, 01:28 PM
all the colors are pretty! i like the drop tho.