PDA

View Full Version : Weber Carb or Exhaust first.

x3r0
01-28-2004, 12:29 AM
I really want the weber 32/36 carb, but someone is telling me I should get the exhaust first or I may not see any performance increase.

Should I get the weber 32/36 carb conversion kit first, or should I upgrade my exhaust? The main thing I want is the carb, but if its useless without the exhaust then give me your opinion?

k-roy
01-28-2004, 12:40 AM
Get yourself a header, hi flow cat and a muffler, ah shit just get a 100% new exaughst.
Then get a Weber Carb.
There is no point in shoving more air and gas into an engine unless it can get out.
Oh yea get a MSD or Accel Coil, thick plug wires, new plugs with a larger gap when you get the carb, more spark helps a lot. And advance the timing a few degrees after that to get the best performance.

x3r0
01-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Good point, any one else w/ opinions?

A20A1
01-28-2004, 12:58 AM
I'd have to agree... you're better off removing the vacuum lines on the stock carb and riging up a better flowing intake and get a header and exhaust.

The weber can wait.

I ran with a cam, weber, coil, and header back exhaust and I could barely get the mid to top end power I wanted out of the carb.
I slapped on my header and everything seemed to run smoother... well, as smooth as my wild cam would allow.

But basicly you'll be getting parts tuned for all round performance and the header and exuast is what really restricts power at just about any RPM. The stock carb itself is actually a bit bigger if I remember... well it has a larger secondary barrel. Thats part of the reason I keep one lying around to fiddle with.
The big thing choking you on the intake side is the air box and filter... and also lost response due to all the vacuum routing.

x3r0
01-28-2004, 01:09 AM
alright, I guess Ill go with exhaust first, what kind of performance increase will I get with just the exhaust upgrades, everything else being stock (NGK sparkset though). Like how much hp maybe?

shepherd79
01-28-2004, 05:22 AM
you will see a lot of power increase when you remove the vacuum lines.