PDA

View Full Version : B20A starter and coolant line questions

JRSAccord
01-28-2004, 12:45 AM
..:help:..

I tried putting my 5-spd starter in only to here it spin freely. It was obvious to me that this was not the correct starter. I did a search here on the boards and found one thread that said to use an automatic starter, and that the manual one woundn't work. So my first questions is... Which Starter do I buy?

1. Nippondenso Type
2. Mitsuba Type

Also, what is the difference in the two?

Now for the coolant lines...I see that the coolant lines on my carb manifold are totally different than the pipes on the B20A (probably because the B20 I have was an FI motor). Has anyone converted these yet? I'm not sure what to do here. I kept the distribution tube that runs from the water pump just in case I have to swap it out. Any ideas on how to set these up? I'll take some pics tomorrow if you need.

Thanks... Jose'

RobT5580
01-28-2004, 05:21 AM
I have the nippon type if im not mistaken but both should fit. And for the carbs i would just use your entire old intake manifold. Im not familiar with the carb setup on the B20A but the A20A manifold fits or atleast it does on the fuel injected ones and i know the FI intake fits the A20A1 so i dont see any problems.

shepherd79
01-28-2004, 05:42 AM
you can plug up the intake manifold coolant lines. you don't really need them, unless you are going to keep the vacuum system.
if you have vacuum lines removed and you are going to run weber, just plug the coolant lines on the intake manifold.

JRSAccord
01-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys! I'll look for the Nippon starter today. And as for the coolant lines, I searched the site and found the 'how to' on removing the vacuum lines on the stock carb. Can I do this and remove the coolant lines as well? I don't have the cash right away to buy the Weber yet, but it's on the list!!!

shepherd79
01-28-2004, 09:55 AM
yes, you can. you can remove the lines leave the intake coolant lines out.