PDA

View Full Version : DUAL TWIN PRELUDE CARBS SIDEDRAFTS

RCracer
07-05-2002, 12:31 PM
Is it worth getting the twin keihn side draught carbs off a 85 prelude?
It is a A18 engine(its a a series for sure) and I can probably get them for £20 ($30) with the inlet manifold and filter box etc. (will they fit onto the a20 if it is a 1.8)
I used to have simular carbs on my civic and with ram pipes and airfilter-socks they sounded awesome!!!
Or
Do I get a weber adapter plate (still not sure who makes them or the part number for the adapter plate) and put one of the 38dgas that I have off my SCIMITAR ??

Its not that here is anything wrong with my carb just interested if there would be a performance gain and Im thinking about colecting a few spares as 3rd gen accords are rare in breakers yards in the UK

POS carb
07-05-2002, 03:42 PM
imagine the vacuum hassle of an Accord carb multiplied by 2! Unless the foreign preludes have very little vacuum lines I wouldn't do it, I was about to do that once but as soon as I saw all those vacuum lines I said forget it! :werd:

A20A1
07-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Hey but if we can run the down draft Keihin without excess vacum lines then I'm sure you can do the same with the sidedrafts.

PhydeauX
07-05-2002, 10:16 PM
The prelude manifold wont bolt up, diferent ports. Go for the DGS unless you want to make a manifold.

andy