PDA

View Full Version : Question about 5-speed to auto.-

crwa
01-28-2004, 02:19 PM
I know this has probably been asked alot, but I figured I'd ask again... Its time for me to get rid of my auto. and switch it out to a 5-speed. I need to know what all I need in order to do this. I want to do it right and end up with a trouble free swap, so I'm open to listen to anyone who has done this swap before.
Also, did you swicth out your cluster to a 5 speed cluster, or did you leave it???

So let me know guys, thanks for the help...

mykwikcoupe
01-28-2004, 02:22 PM
check the how tos for whats needed and how to do it. I have an auto cluster in mine right now. im waiting on the clusters from rob befroe i swap then out. the only difference is the gear indicator. Its up to you if you mind having that or not.

Bloodlust
01-28-2004, 02:51 PM
check the how tos for whats needed and how to do it. I have an auto cluster in mine right now. im waiting on the clusters from rob befroe i swap then out. the only difference is the gear indicator. Its up to you if you mind having that or not.

Or if you plan on getting guages, I know the ones from procarparts.com already cover up the gear indicator. I have an automatic, but it doesnt show the gear indicator anymore.

AccordEpicenter
01-28-2004, 04:58 PM
fuck i just leave it there to show people who dont believe i actually swapped from auto to 5 speed...

86AccordLxi
01-28-2004, 06:13 PM
FINALLY!!!! About the damned time!!! Good luck with the swap :D

Alex

crwa
01-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Well I figure this is a step in the right direction and after the swap it should be pretty quick, after an exedy clutch and short shifter... The hard part is gonna be gettin all the parts I need... I figured I'd just buy the driver side axle brand new and same with the transmission mount, and then I basically need the tranny and linkage and pedal assemble and a few other parts, and then I'm ready... I'm thinkin I might have a shop put it in though, depending on cost...

dXsquared
01-28-2004, 09:30 PM
its too bad you live soo far.. i have an axle with like 500km's on it and all teh 5 speed swap parts for you...

Travis