PDA

View Full Version : Time To Lower My Car

Eluden
07-05-2002, 12:53 PM
Ok, i have been procrasinating long enough to lower my ride. I am dropping my car 2.5 inches and I am wondering if I need to buy a camber kit for the front only or front and rear. I have been told all different kinds of stories ranging from I won't need a camber kit or I jus need one for the front. Some who has there car dropped around my height please HELP ME OUT!

Thanks Guys,
Eluden

Jims 86LXI HB
07-05-2002, 03:35 PM
Your going to get a equal number of people that will tell you that you don't and do need rear camber correction at the drop. Making matter's worse is the fact that most of them are knowledgeable people. So we know you'll need camber correction for the front. For the rear I'd plan for rear camber correction and if you don't need it, it will be a plesant surprise as you'll save some money.
In others words plan on spending the money for it and if you don't need it, you've got that money to spend on something else.

If no one had ever commented before on this issue I'd say you would need rear camber correction, but as I've said above, a few people will say you won't.

88LXi68
07-05-2002, 05:14 PM
its about trime Andrew! Like I said, the front you most definitely will need to. The rear you can get away with as long as you get an alignment. Mine is pretty straight in the rear, its the front thats the problem. Give me a call sometime and I can give ya a hand with it if you want.

89AccordDXHB
07-05-2002, 11:56 PM
I got some Intrax springs coming my way. They claim to have a 1.7" DROP IN THE FRONT and a 1.6" DROP IN THE REAR. Most people claimed that this was inaccurate and it was actually less of a drop. Closer to an inch. I didn't really care about the discrepancy.

Will I still need a camber kit although the drop is only about an inch?

Mike89Accordcom
07-06-2002, 09:52 PM
When I lowered mine 2.25" I got camber kit for the front. I never did for the back, but I do agree with Jim in time you may. Do the front for now because front tires get the most wear and tear from turning. Also when you lower your wheels turn in and that is why you need camber, to correct that. :D