PDA

View Full Version : Heater Control "Mode" Cable Repair

DeathRat
01-29-2004, 06:02 AM
I've got a bit of a problem here. The other day my Heater Control "Mode" cable bent & detached itself from it's control lever. The heater is now stuck on just Defrost. Being that's it's been around the -40ish mark for a couple of days now (gradually getting warmer) I really could use some heat to my lower torso! I've checked with a local Honda dealership's Parts Dept & they faxed me about half dozen pics of schematics. Problem is neither of us can find where the other end of the Mode Cable goes to on the Heater Box itself. I don't want to tear apart my whole dash just to find out though either, as this my transportation to-and-from work. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated! :help: I'm assuming the door or valve on the Heater box is either broken or frozen, thus causing the cable to bind.

TINBOAT
01-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Bummer....yer gonna hafta wait for things to warm up, afraid the dash has to come apart to get at it, or maybe find a buddy with a heated garage to thaw things out.
The good thing is, that you still have a defroster and can still see out the window !!

Say hello to ADMONTON !!!!

DeathRat
02-01-2004, 07:43 AM
Well I reached under the dash & could move the Mode Blend Door by hand a little bit. I now have both Heat & Defrost again at least. I'm gonna have to 'til it warms up before I can really find out what caused the Mode Cable to bind up. Hopefully, it was hust a frozen door in the Heater box..... :rolleyes: