PDA

View Full Version : meet my leetle friend

NXRacer
01-29-2004, 10:25 AM
anybody know if i could use this BOV (if thats what it is)?? IT would be pretty kewl doncha think? I've had it sitting around my house for a while. Its a little bit on the big side, but who cares?? :D
http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/usr/2538/BOV1.jpg
http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/usr/2538/BOV2.jpg
http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/usr/2538/BOV3.jpg
http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/usr/2538/BOV4.jpg

BootMachine
01-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Thats a BOV? WOW! Thats from like World War Two man...its HUGE!

That thing belongs on a dump truck or something....holey moley thats a monsto BOV!

At least I think its a BOV. It looks like it would function as one...I just cant figure out where you connect the Vac. lines to? And make sure your engine has the Vac. pressure (or pounds) to open that sucker...the valve on that has gotta be serious!

Do it up man...if it works....use it.....Hit it with a wire wheel and give it a little Mothers metal polish and it will look great......JUST MASSIVE!

NXRacer
01-29-2004, 12:19 PM
i know its huge, thats why i like it! Can you imagine how loud it would be? Just my kind of BOV. I'm pretty sure its a BOV because there is a spring inside the top that opens a valve.

i.c.
01-29-2004, 02:08 PM
what's bov stand for...that thing is huge...

NXRacer
01-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Blow Off Valve

BootMachine
01-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Make the intake charge pipe like 14 feet long and put that thing right before the throttle body so when you let off the gas the PYSSSSTTTTT sound goes for like 4 secs.

I dont think I will race anything with the PYSSSTTTTT sound ESPCIALLY if it sounds like its gonna attack me

k-roy
01-29-2004, 02:39 PM
GODDAMN Caleb, is that off a semi truck?

NXRacer
01-29-2004, 02:46 PM
GODDAMN Caleb, is that off a semi truck?
probably. the only reason why it wouldnt work on my car is if the spring is too strong for ~10psi. I wonder how many psi mack trucks boost........

soljaboy2000
01-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Make the intake charge pipe like 14 feet long and put that thing right before the throttle body so when you let off the gas the PYSSSSTTTTT sound goes for like 4 secs.

I dont think I will race anything with the PYSSSTTTTT sound ESPCIALLY if it sounds like its gonna attack me

Explain how that thing works....the pyssssttt sound??? :D

Elijah
01-29-2004, 02:55 PM

When u change gears or let off the gas.I have the Turbosmart Type3 Supersonic.I have never saw one like that before.

k-roy
01-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Pretty simple, he has a turbo. There is going to be a 3 inch metal "charge pipe" going from the turbo to the throttlebody for the compressed air to reach the engine. When he lets off the throttle the Blow off Valve blows excess pressure out of the charge pipe, if he did not have this there would be way to much air doing to the engine.

mykwikcoupe
01-29-2004, 03:45 PM
go to howstuffworks.com. Its basic but very informative

89AcCOrDmike
01-29-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm thinking the bigger it is the quieter it will be seeing that the pressurized air won't be coming out as fast as it would be through a smaller BOV, so you might not get the results you are looking for...

NXRacer
01-29-2004, 04:33 PM
well, the coolness factor would make up for the low noise volume. . . . .would putting a HUGE BOV be considered :rice: ? :D

Cyric_accord
01-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Just add a few stickers onto that beast and it will be :D

soljaboy2000
01-29-2004, 05:38 PM
go to howstuffworks.com. Its basic but very informative

Man that's a tight site now I want a turbo for my car.....Anyone has links to get em for an 89 LX Carb A.K.A. my Hoop Ride.....(I really want it just for the sound and the xtra boost.... it just means I wont be late for work) :D:D:D

k-roy
01-30-2004, 01:00 AM
well, the coolness factor would make up for the low noise volume. . . . .would putting a HUGE BOV be considered :rice: ? :D
You are gonna do some major ass kicking with your setup
Remember you can't call it rice if it kicks your ass :cheers:

bobafett
01-30-2004, 01:57 AM
with a bov that big u might actually need a wing to keep the downforce in check... ;)

actually i would be really suprised if that did anything at all other than look different and weigh a lot lol

mykwikcoupe
01-30-2004, 08:53 AM
well soljaboy your in luck. I was lookingh for a radio install kit for my 78 civic last night and ran across just what your looking for. You install it in your muffler and it gives the exhaust a wisper note like aturbo would. The best part is when you open the item it even plays a test track. Ill try to find it for you again but no promises.

skull1441
02-02-2004, 11:01 AM
dam it i cant see the pics all i see is the little box with the little red X in it

NXRacer
02-02-2004, 11:57 AM
yeah my friggin image hosing site is screwed up for some reason.