PDA

View Full Version : 89 dash light question

Cat3
01-29-2004, 11:42 AM
is there a light in the dash behind the red/blue temp control slider, and the fan strength slider?

I went out of town for a week, not in my car, and now there's no light behind there... and i can't remember if there ever was.

thanks.

DBMaster
01-29-2004, 01:29 PM
There is in mine.

Cat3
01-29-2004, 06:14 PM
thanks.

I'll add that to my "to do" list.

nswst8
01-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Mine keeps randomly going on and off, along with some other dash lights. Like to replace with LEDs if possible. Have to play around with it.
There are actually two 1.2w if I'm not mistaken.
NSWST8 :cheers:

BMS
01-29-2004, 09:03 PM
I have lights on them, but they are dim. It's just that dirt from the years of fingers on them has filled the tiny light slit with crud, so it doens't really shine through anymore.

DBMaster
01-30-2004, 08:35 AM
I have found similar issues with those little bulbs sometimes working and sometimes not. Even when I take them out and look the filament seems to be intact. You can buy the specific bulbs on line from Majestic pretty cheaply. In a few cases I have substituted little 12V bulbs from Radio Shack. I did put an LED into my D4 indicator in the instrument cluster, but it is very bright and will not dim when you turn on the lights because LED's don't work that way. Also, you need to have space for the current limiting resistor you have to use with an LED. Some of our dash applications won't allow room for the resistor.