PDA

View Full Version : New Pedals....how do i put them on?

Dallas&SarahsAccord
01-29-2004, 01:45 PM
I just bought some new pedals for my car. I got the brake pedal on no problem but now i cant get the gas pedal on. It has a piece of bendy metal which connects onto another piece on the other side. looks like they want me to wrap the metal around the existing pedal. It looks like i cant take off the old pedal cuz its plastic, not rubber like the brake. I have no idea what to do! Can somebody help me??

i.c.
01-29-2004, 01:48 PM
losen the nuts, put the pedal on, fold the tabs over as far as you can...tighten nuts...should work...i had an issue with the top right corner.....but it's fine now...your gonna have to adjust it ALOT but after the inital instilation your fine...

Dallas&SarahsAccord
01-29-2004, 01:56 PM
which nuts are you talking about? i didnt see any nuts under there....as far as i can tell, you cant loosen any nuts. please explain further...im very confused.

i.c.
01-29-2004, 01:58 PM
on your aftermarket pedals....losen the nuts that hold the tabs on....

Dallas&SarahsAccord
01-29-2004, 02:03 PM
ohh ok....the two screws which hold the tab and the latch thingy. theres also two bolts o nthe bottom which hold the plate on which the tabs are screwed to. do i do anything with those bolts?

KoNEY
01-29-2004, 02:07 PM
there are four screws in each pedal cover (i assume). the heads of the screws are on the front of the pedal, so that once installed, you will see the heads of the screws. on the backside of the pedal cover, there will either be long clamps that go from one screw to another, or each screw will have its own clamp. either way, there is a nut that threads on the screw after the clamp is in place that secures the pedal when tightened. if each screw has its own clamp (i.e. most of the new APC pedals do) then it will be bent in a 90 degree angle, when you tighten the clamps with a screwdriver, tighten them to the point that you actually flatten out that bend in the clamp. tighten the hell out of them, but dont strip the screw heads, if not tightened enough, they will become loose and annoying, especially on a five speed. hope thats enough of an explanation for ya and good luck.

Dallas&SarahsAccord
01-29-2004, 02:07 PM
the kit also came with 2 sticky rubber pieces...what do i do with them? i alreadywrecked one in the trial process and the pedal just fell off.

i.c.
01-29-2004, 02:10 PM
LOL....those are your double stick tapes to hold the pedal on!!!!!

Dallas&SarahsAccord
01-29-2004, 02:14 PM
here is a pic of the back of the pedal :

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/498000-498999/498407_14.jpg

Dallas&SarahsAccord
01-29-2004, 02:16 PM
uh oh....can i still put them on with only one stick piece?

NXRacer
01-29-2004, 02:22 PM
you can use one sticky piece. it might slide around a little, but it shouldnt be too much of a problem. When i installed pedals on my car i had to get an extra long bolt because the ones that came with the pedals werent long enough partly due to the fact that the back of the gas pedal has a stop on it and the metal strip that holds it to the pedal was too short to use with the bolts that came with the kit.