PDA

View Full Version : How Much - Body Work

PsychoPaul
01-29-2004, 04:10 PM
How much do you think i should be charged if i get my bars under the car fixed and the rear wheel wells? (i need both sides for each thing). The bar i'm talking about is the one that mechanics use to lift your car (there is a name for it and i forget), and the one that you put the jack on to life the car to change a tire. The wells are cracked all the way through to the inside of my car. Just wondering if any can give me a rough estimate. I live in canada if that makes a difference. Or if you can give me a canadian estimate. The first estimate i got was for $2400 cdn. I told him i didn't want a hack job and that i want it done right the first time. which is what i am looking to do. The right way or no way.

Oh just remembered what the name for the bar is. Rocker Panel if i'm not mistaken.

NXRacer
01-29-2004, 04:13 PM
$2400 seems kind of high, but depeding on how much work is involved to fix the problem. Its not minor body work fixing that stuff so its gonna be kind of expensive. I'd just shop around and get an average. Remember, if you pay a little more you'll probably get a better job done.

PsychoPaul
01-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Well i just got another estimate. He said, "Dont bother". Hehehe it makes me a little sad. But he is right. said $800cdn for each of the shock towers alone!!! Ouch. Well atleast he was honest and my car will last till the summer.

Well would a good idea be to find a good frame and swap the engine etc? because i know someone who is selling his for $300cdn. SAME EXACT CAR!!!! so i would not loose any of the features. hehehe. His engine is kinda on the crappy side.

Is it expensive to do an engine swap?

PsychoPaul
01-30-2004, 11:34 AM
damn it i was to late... he sold it last night. DOH!!!!!!!!!!