PDA

View Full Version : The end of my car

N-Man
01-30-2004, 04:50 PM
:crying: It all started last night while i was traveling on I-12 (louisiana). I was cruisin @ about 80 MPH when i heard some debris hit my car. I was like "whats that" to my g/f and then i heard a thump in my front left tire. I puled to the side of the interstate only to find out that i had a flat tire. i was pissed. i attempted to get the spare tire out of the trunk, but things only seem to have gotten worse. i couldn't unscrew the f'n bolt in order to get the tire out of the wheel well. i called my brother (who i got the car from) to ask him how to get the tire out. he told me to call my uncle. he didnt know how either, so i ended up riding 2 miles on my 6 month old 17" rims all the way to the nearest exit. right off of the exit was a wal-mart so i stopped there, jacked up the car, and attempted to take the tire off. i then realized that i couldnt get the tire off because i didnt have the key to the lugs. by this time i was extremly angry. i went in wal-mart, bought a tire plug kit, and the drove to the nearest gas station for an air pump. when i got there, the air pump was broke, so i ended up driving all the way down the street to another gas station. i sucessfully plugged the tire and then went to wendys. after about 30 min., i left wendys and realized that i didnt have any gas, so i went back to the gas station. leaving, i then stopped in the driveway of the station, looked both ways, and attempted to cross the street. and thats when it happed. a '92 firebird was doing about 45 MPH towards me and i was in the middle of the road. i didnt see her coming because a bush was blocking my view. it was too late to back up or go foward. my g/f screamed and i just braced for impact. the car smashed into the driver side of my 2 dr, causing my window to shatter, the door to cave in, and the roof and dash to buckle. my head hit the side of the car. it felt as if i was playing football and had taken a direct shot to my helmet. due to my hair (i had it braided), it didn't hurt much. when it was all over, I attempted to get out but the door was jammed. i then waited for the ambulance to come and take us to the hospital.

I didn't have any injuries, and i was released the same night after some chest x-rays (my ribs and chest are still sore). my g/f was okay also. the only thing she had were pains from the seat belt and a busted lip. but the car was a whole different story. it was completely totaled. looks as if its goin to the junkyard. im gonna miss it, but @ least i came out of this ordeal(sp?) alive. thats all that really matter's.

NXRacer
01-30-2004, 04:54 PM
WOW. that really sucks man. Talk about a string of bad luck. Im glad to hear you and your g/f got out OK. Best of luck to ya.

k-roy
01-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Wow, you have worse luck than Vinny.
Im glad to hear you and your g/f are going to be ok. Cars are replaceable, lives are not.

soljaboy2000
01-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Thats some scary shit....its seems as if you were given signs to stay off the highway...flat tire...locking lugs on the rims.....no gas....whew at least your okay

blazin3gen
01-30-2004, 06:52 PM
bro that sucks ass man i feel hella bad for ya

imagine if u wouldnt have stopped of at wendys..

Cyric_accord
01-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Good thing you and your girlfriend are okay, that's all that really matters.

mike king
02-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Thank god god your are ok.Who's fault in this kind of situation?what did your insurance compy say?

Bryan
02-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Well i'm glad you and your girlfriend are alright. Sucks about the car but shit happens. How bad is the car? Pics?

N-Man
02-02-2004, 08:34 AM
The car is pretty bad. The whole driver side, from wheel 2 wheel, is smashed in. I'm gona post some pics ASAP, but i dont know how soon because the car isnt in my posession. my mom is gonna have to take the pics 4 me.

3rd GEN
02-02-2004, 09:02 AM
thats crazy man...glad to hear your alright:)
but i feel ya, i just had an accident 3 weeks ago to and my poor Se-i is a write-off aswell :( i miss my baby alot...

i hope all works out for you and you can find another car.. like me, i found a nice little teggy.hahaha

Blue Impact
02-03-2004, 12:06 AM
...and I thought my alternator crapping out on me, leaving me stranded on the side of the highway for a little 2 hours on my 20th birthday was bad...it's good that you and your gf are ok. You can always replace a car, man. Perhap now's a good time to upgrade to an LX-i if not SE-i.

N-Man
02-03-2004, 12:31 AM
i dont think i will be getting another 3g soon. what i really need is a truck, and since i dont have a car n e more, i guess this would be a good time for me to get one. im not payin 4 the vehicle that im gonna b gettin n e way so i dont have much of a choice. maybe when i get out of college, ill see if my i can get my brother's 4g. i will still miss my 3g though.

nswst8
02-03-2004, 05:18 AM
Glad to hear "you" & your "lady" are okay. But keep an eye out for that next 3g it just might creep up on you.
Good luck.
NSWST8 :cheers:

pixiesfan78
02-24-2004, 10:58 PM
i dont know any of you guys yet but i been getting a lot of help here. and man i gota say that that shit is eerie.....any of you ever seen final destination :help: dude if i were you next time your havin a day like that just take a minute chill and say fu*K it. when things repeatedly go wrong like that we sort of go into self destruct mode.our attitude is like damn what the hell is next. and we end up bringing shit down on our selves. its a guy thing i believe. ya just got laugh at this kinda b.s. not that its funny what happened to N man sorry about the car bro. good luck on your next 3gee.

deadlight
02-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Man, I was just thinking about your sig earlier for some reason too. Glad you're alright, sorry about the car.

Morpheus
02-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Sounds like you had a fun night.
That really sucks :(, you can probably salvage some parts though.
Glad you're okay.

MilTownSHO
02-28-2004, 04:39 AM
Glad to see your still hear to tell us this story. I got T-boned myself almost exactly like you did but the person was supposively only going about 30 and my 91 SHO was totaled, I can't imagine what would happen to an Accord! :jaw:

HondaBoy
03-02-2004, 09:24 PM
aint that some shit! that sucks so bad i dont know what to say. if you get another car, get a honda. although you said you need a truck. man, i feel for ya.