View Full Version : Installin a Vinal Windsheild Banner

jayp6969
01-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Whats the easiest way to do this....how do i get it centered and shit

hondamanlxi
01-30-2004, 05:20 PM
WET APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) soak the windsheild in soapy water
2) soak the back of the vinyl as you pull away the backing!
3) Now, everything is slippry and its easy to position the vinyl the way you want
4) take a vinyl squegee or a credit card and push all the air bubbles/ excess water out
5) take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat the vinyl to evap the water (take care not to burn)

just remember the vinyl isnt on until its dry. As long as its (VINYL AND GLASS) are wet its adjustable!

i used to work for a vinyl place called Kustom Images for a while so feel free to ask any q's you got!

hondamanlxi
01-30-2004, 05:25 PM
oh to center put a mark with a dry erase marker on the center of the strip before you even attempt to apply. Use the rearveiw mirror as a half-assed reference point on the glass itself. After you apply the vinyl and before you squegee the water out use a tape measure and measure the outsides to get that straight and all else will fall into place!

jayp6969
01-30-2004, 05:25 PM
i guess i should take it in the auto shop to do this, what if the glass is cold is that bad?? cause its winter up here

nswst8
01-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Find the center of the banner (fold in half), find the center of the window mark with grease pen on the outside of the window.

Make use that you clean the application area real good, something that will remove grease and oils without leaving a residue.

Get a spray bottle with H2o (distilled preferably) spritz the application area(window) remove the protective film on the banner and apply to the area where you want the banner.

The H2o will give you alittle extra time to postion the banner where you want it. Now with a squeegy and a sponge start at the outer edges and squeegy the excess H2o out. while working your way to the center.

Alittle trick to help the banner set, use a blow dryer from the outside of the window heat the glass and work any excess H2o & air bubbles out.
For the air bubbles that you can't remove use a needle to puncture the air pocket and then work the banner flush to the window.
Hope this helps.
NSWST8 :cheers:

hondamanlxi
01-30-2004, 05:30 PM
if the glass is cold its not gonna set ! turn your defrost on high and use a heat gun!

jayp6969
01-30-2004, 05:34 PM
ok kool thanx