PDA

View Full Version : Black Trim Restorer

DBMaster
01-31-2004, 11:32 AM
I think someone else posted about this stuff before, but I can't remember. I got one of this company's catalogs in the mail and checked out their web site.

I bough this stuff...

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=28

It really works well, at least initially. I won't know for a while how well it holds up, but it makes a lot more sense than what I tried in the past. I had already painted my bumper trim and side moldings so I used this product on the trim around the rear window and at the top of the windshield. It looks really good!

nswst8
01-31-2004, 12:35 PM
Let us know how it hold up for the long term.
NSWST8 :cheers:

neoblue89lxi
01-31-2004, 12:37 PM
black shoe polish has lasted for me. It has been a few months now. There is a thread around here with my before and after pics under black moldings no paint.

X-Lr8
01-31-2004, 12:57 PM
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/bumper.html This is what i use on my car.. it works well its been about 5 months now and it still looks good

k-roy
01-31-2004, 02:46 PM
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/bumper.html This is what i use on my car.. it works well its been about 5 months now and it still looks good
:uh: I feel like such an ass. I used that stuff, well Plastikote brand, to repaint my bumpers and did not even thonk of doing the trim. I will now, thanks for the idea.

DBMaster
02-01-2004, 01:24 PM
The Duplicolor bumper coating is what I used on my bumpers and under the opo-out back windows. I got the Forever Black stuff to try on the rubber coated window moldings because they would be really hard to paint and have them hold up.

XxDark_AccordxX
02-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Does that stuff actually restore the black color tho or just protect it? Cuz mine are really faded...

DBMaster
02-04-2004, 09:11 AM
Does that stuff actually restore the black color tho or just protect it? Cuz mine are really faded...

Are you talking about the spray paint or the "Forever Black" stuff from my original post?

The Forver Black product should work great on the side moldings and window trim. I am not sure about the bumpers, especially if you have ever used anything with silicone (like Armor All, Westley's, silicone spray, etc). I had already painted my bumper strips with the flexible bumper paint.

This stuff actually penetrates the surface and dyes it. It will not make the trim look shinier or less cracked, but it does make it look black instead of gray.

Bloodlust
02-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Im still trying to get that damn wax off the black paint around my windows. :mad:

racerx
02-04-2004, 10:51 AM
this is good stuff... i always used tire shine stuff. not the spray on, but the wipe on kind and that always looked great... until 3" of dirt attached to it...

XxDark_AccordxX
02-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Im talking about that black forever stuff

XxDark_AccordxX
02-04-2004, 12:18 PM
yeah mine isnt really cracked at all. its just faded so i guess that'll work