PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

dosh8er
07-05-2002, 08:14 PM
I am looking into an entire exhaust system. I was wondering, after visiting hondaautomotiveparts.com, if I could get something the same base as the stock stuff (or better :D ) or if I should gouge my bank account and buy the crap from hondaautomotiveparts.com.
(I'm thinking the last one is NOT an option anyway... rediculous! for some stupid steel pipe!)

If anyone would post what they did, and HOW much, and what exactly you replaced, I'd appreciate it.

(I'm tired of the smell of exhaust inside my car/CO poisoning, and the loud, wanna-be harley sound)

buster133
07-06-2002, 06:27 PM
I have ordered a new muffler section from Majestic Honda, aka, hondaautomotiveparts for my 89 LXi coupe. My old generic, no name muffler was rotting out and it had been replaced a few times before. I figured I would try a genuine Honda muffler. There are different part numbers for different models (DX, LX, Lxi, etc) so the one size fits all from the local autoparts chain didn't seem right. I felt a major difference in the way the car drove after I replaced it, it could just be in my head, but there was a big diff between the one I took off and the new one I put on. It idles a lot smoother and a lot quieter than in the past. I still have a slight buzz coming from the flex pipe up front, but it's only noticable above 2200 rpms, and the price for a honda replacement is crazy.