PDA

View Full Version : seatbelt not locking (recall?)

johnwc723
01-31-2004, 02:58 PM
yeah this just started today, i tried to put my seatbelt in the locker thing and it goes in but if it gets pulled on at all it pops right back out, i have tried puttin it in at all different angles and wd40 it too it still wont lock :( is there a recall on this or angthing or do i have to fix it my self :(

k-roy
01-31-2004, 03:08 PM
Yes there is a recall. Honda TSB# 95028
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/892401A8.html

meangreenLXi
01-31-2004, 03:13 PM
My passenger belt will lock in place, to get it out I have to have the passenger hold the button down and jank it out with force. My mom and sister got stuck in it and had to crawl outta the restraints. Then one day my eleven year old nephew who's 6'1" 95lbs soakin wet gets in puts the belt on and when he's about to get out, I'm lookin because I know he's gonna freak when he see's he struck. He just unlatched it so fast he was outta the seat and i'm lookin like what the hell. I then found out if you pull hard enough on it, it'll pop out. Oh it wasn't a pretty scene gettin my mother out. She was already talkin bout me drivin to fast and being stuck gave her more firepower to nag at me.

johnwc723
01-31-2004, 03:32 PM
heh that sucks thanks for the info about the recall kroy, now do you guys think its somethign that honda will do for free for me or will i have to pay to get a new one? (as the car is freakin old like everyones here!)

Kidou Ninja
01-31-2004, 03:55 PM
A recall is a recall man I work for a dealership for Honda and no matter how old it is they do it for free. At least here they will. Because I saw a 82 accord in a shop having a recall notice being taken care off. So yeah call your local dealer man and find out.

johnwc723
01-31-2004, 07:57 PM
cool, i can get it to work but i really have to pound the shit in, i would rather just have it click :), ill give em a call on monday