PDA

View Full Version : Rack Replaced

meangreenLXi
01-31-2004, 03:07 PM
:cheers: I got my rack and pinion replaced today. It drove like a dream all 1/4 mile of the way home from pepboys. In a straight shot. We got hit hard all day with snow and i'm smart (fighting self internaly) enough not to take it out for a spin because it seems like everybody's grandmother decided to go out and drive while it's been snowing mad all day and the city hasn't begun to lay salt down. Old people are pulling out in front of speeding cars and turning from the wrong lane. I'm gonna wait until the morning on my way to work to get a feel on how it drives. On the way home I really can feel the difference with the old rack and the new one. It turns smoother and it doesn't pull to the right when I let go of the steering wheel. The rack was a remanufactured one but it has to be better than what I took off because the old rack would sag where I couldn't put my fist length wise between the wheel and fender , and on the passenger side i could stand my fist length wise and it would fit. It rolls like a dream I tell ya, can't wait for summer. I just had to let the community know. 3geez.com and it's members :bow: :bow: :bow: now for me no driving tonight so it's time to :beer:

nswst8
01-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Now, your on the road with some ability to determine where you are going. :cool2:
LOL
NSWST8 :cheers:

soljaboy2000
01-31-2004, 06:00 PM
how did that cost?

meangreenLXi
02-01-2004, 07:23 AM
$550 at pepboys, everything replaced, nothing overhauled, the rack, steering gears and alignment.