PDA

View Full Version : prelude and accord suspension interchangeble

adams86lxi
01-31-2004, 10:13 PM
I know that all of the 2 gen preludes (84-87) engine parts are interchangeable with the 3rd gen accords, but are the suspension parts like the struts interchangeble. I know the upper front control arms are interchangeble, so would the struts be too? I was at the bone yard today and saw a 2nd generation prelude im guessing because all i could tell was it had the same motor as us, anyway it was lowered with what looked like a good setup (lowered about 1.5 inches). I couldnt tell what brand any of it was but it definetly wasnt stock shocks or springs, so i know they were not cut. It all looked brand new too! Any way i was thinking of going back to maybe get those some day. So my question is are they interchangeble or not? Thanks and sorry for the long post! :cool:

nswst8
02-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Use one of the Honda sites and match the numbers from the year car you have and the year car the prelude is if they match then yeah I would say that you would be able to.
But then I'm not the suspesion expert. Jim is
Hope this helps. LOL
NSWST8 :cheers:

AZmike
02-01-2004, 10:11 AM
The rear on the Prelude uses struts rather than our upper and lower control arms so I wouldn't expect it to work. The front looks similar, but I'd still expect different part numbers from Honda.

Rendon LX-i
02-01-2004, 11:26 AM
i had springs from a 2gen lude or 3gen lude. i had eibach springs. look at my sig. that with the eibach. later

dXsquared
02-01-2004, 11:27 AM
i know the front spindles work on our cars... but the rear is not even close

Travis

adams86lxi
02-01-2004, 05:22 PM
alright thanks guys, they dont fit except for the front? alright i wont get them then! :cool: