PDA

View Full Version : ????Crazy Problem????

86LXItooFAST4me
02-01-2004, 05:29 AM
hey i replaced my front upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, upper control arm bushings, left and right cv axles, and refilled my tranny fluid with motor oil like it said. i havent replaced my struts yet and my sway bars are on order. i havent done anything in the back yet. but here is my problem, ok after i replaced all of the my car drove fine and didnt pull or anything and it didnt try to shoot me in the curb when ever i hit a bump like it did before. now after about a month and a half of driving it all of a sudden it pulls to the right when ever i accelerate and pulls to the left when ever a decelerate. it pull considerably also. now it only does this when i have it in gear and driving, when i put it in neutral (it is a 5 speed) is drives fine, no pulling and i can rev the engine while its in neutral and coast and it doesnt pull at all but like i said when it is in gear it pulls when ever i give it gas and let off the gas. Any one know whats wrong??? i think its my rack but this was my first time to replace any cv axles and i think i might have done something wrong. to me it seems like there is something wrong with the differential, could this be because i didnt put enough tranny fluid or because so leaked out?? hellppp!!!

:bong:

SteveDX89
02-01-2004, 06:02 AM
Did you get an alignment after you did all that stuff?

86LXItooFAST4me
02-01-2004, 06:17 AM
Did you get an alignment after you did all that stuff?
yes, aligned, rotation and balance too.

SteveDX89
02-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Hmmm, I'm stumped. If you hadn't, that would have been my first remedy for you. Sorry.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Check and see if your rack might be loose on the frame it happen to me

AZmike
02-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Did the alignment shop just correct the toe settings or did they make sure that the caster was the same left and right?

87hatchback
02-03-2004, 11:09 PM
mine used to do that upon acceleration and the shop found that my lower strut bar control arm ( i think they called it), anyways the bar that goes from the bottom of the strut to the front of the frame ( towards the bumber ) has some bushings that were worn out and the hole it mounts to had egg shaped. i had them fix it and all good now. check that out for starters and see if the bushing is gone or if it may be worn out. hope this might help or lead you in the right direction.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-03-2004, 11:48 PM
mine used to do that upon acceleration and the shop found that my lower strut bar control arm ( i think they called it), anyways the bar that goes from the bottom of the strut to the front of the frame ( towards the bumber ) has some bushings that were worn out and the hole it mounts to had egg shaped. i had them fix it and all good now. check that out for starters and see if the bushing is gone or if it may be worn out. hope this might help or lead you in the right direction.
It look's like this http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/486000-486999/486873_39_full.jpg Bushing 7 and 8 might be worn

87hatchback
02-04-2004, 12:04 AM
yes thank you for the pic cause i didnt have one to show. thanks.

86LXItooFAST4me
02-04-2004, 08:57 AM

did you have to go to the dealerto get that part, and if not what part store did you go to?

TINBOAT
02-04-2004, 09:11 AM
....sounds like you might have a sticking brake caliper..jack up the car in the front and put it up on stands, put it in neutral and spin each wheel by hand, you are looking for a good deal of resistance on the offending wheel.

Hope this helps !!

86LXItooFAST4me
02-04-2004, 09:15 AM
did you have to go to the dealerto get that part, and if not what part store did you go to?

n/m, O'reilly's has moog part #K9517 Strut rod bushing kit. this is correct? i believe so just wanted to double check. and thanks for the help guys.

86LXItooFAST4me
02-04-2004, 09:23 AM
....sounds like you might have a sticking brake caliper..jack up the car in the front and put it up on stands, put it in neutral and spin each wheel by hand, you are looking for a good deal of resistance on the offending wheel.

Hope this helps !!

the brakes work great, new calipers, brakes, rotors, and lines so i know thats not the problem and i did double check them. its not a brakeing problem, it only happens when i press on the gass. thanks anyway though.

:bong:

Justin86
02-04-2004, 04:03 PM
yea I bet that it is that stablizer arm bushing that went out, probably the passenger side bushing.

87hatchback
02-04-2004, 08:43 PM
i just did the napa thing through the shop