PDA

View Full Version : what cars will take my engine?

high school
02-01-2004, 06:17 PM
I have an 87 accord with a shitty body, so ive been trying to find out what other honda bodys i can swap the original engine into. The engine is a 1.8L carberated (i think, ive been told its 2.0, dunno if its true) and i was also told i could swap into 83-87 preludes.

Also, the tranny on the car i now is auto. If i a find a car with a 5 speed manual and swap in my engine will it still bolt up?

k-roy
02-01-2004, 06:35 PM
The only cars you can easily drop it strait into is another 86-89 Accord or a 84-87 Prelude.

89AcCOrDmike
02-01-2004, 06:37 PM
1. its 2.0 carburated
2. unless your really deadset on keepin that carbed engine...i would just sell the whole car and buy a different one that's fuel injected...

high school
02-01-2004, 11:37 PM
1. its 2.0 carburated
2. unless your really deadset on keepin that carbed engine...i would just sell the whole car and buy a different one that's fuel injected...

this car is just my winter beater, ive got a 97 z24. and ive tried sellin the whole car, but like i said, the body is shit and wont pass inspection, so basically ive got a rotting pile of shit and i might as well take whats good from the car.

BMS
02-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Uh, dude, if it's a crappy as you say then there are no good parts. However, if the engine is in any good shape the way that you would make the most cash is to try parting it out to members on this site, and then sending the shell to a junkyard.

buzzbomber88lx
02-02-2004, 10:31 AM
definitely part the body out here on 3geez so you can make a few bucks like i did. the a20 can fit any honda with modification it just depends on how much work you want to put into it to make it work.

86LXItooFAST4me
02-02-2004, 10:58 AM
I have an 87 accord with a shitty body, so ive been trying to find out what other honda bodys i can swap the original engine into. The engine is a 1.8L carberated (i think, ive been told its 2.0, dunno if its true) and i was also told i could swap into 83-87 preludes.

Also, the tranny on the car i now is auto. If i a find a car with a 5 speed manual and swap in my engine will it still bolt up?

Make a Dune Buggy!!!

:bong:

high school
02-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Uh, dude, if it's a crappy as you say then there are no good parts. However, if the engine is in any good shape the way that you would make the most cash is to try parting it out to members on this site, and then sending the shell to a junkyard.

it would take too long, and shipping would be a bitch. i wanted to find another body to swap into so i could drive it as another winter beater next winter when i have a body kit on my good car.

dXsquared
02-02-2004, 08:13 PM
then just get a car with a good engine lol

Travis

89AcCOrDmike
02-02-2004, 09:03 PM
honestly with all the time and effort to find a good body in a car i would just find a new cord....unless you can find a dead cord with a nice body...but i would just keep it 86-89 for the ease, otherwise its not worth your time.

high school
02-03-2004, 07:31 PM
i wouldnt purposly buy another accord, not of that year or style anyways. Those suckers rust like a mofo, and rot, and etc and so forth, which is what happened to mine. Im waiting, tryin to find a good body without an engine to save me money, otherwise im just gonna buy a truck for a winter beater and end up parting out the accord i have now.

Im also not sure its even possible to find a good accord of those years cuz they all seem to rust as well.

Neuspeed87lx
02-03-2004, 07:36 PM
hey hey ! my 87 had NO rust at all ... and i live in mass..... lots of snow and lots of road salt ... to bad..... the body was in great shape.... but the motor was bad so i junked it ..... there wasnt even any rust around the wheel well's where it is common....

high school
02-04-2004, 03:23 PM
thats awesome, and so amazingly hard to find. dammit.