PDA

View Full Version : hit the magic 200,000 mark

buish
02-02-2004, 12:54 AM
yup, as of tonite, my accord hit the 200,000 mile mark coming home. pathetic that i had my digicam ready and pulled over to take a pic, haha. didn't come out that great, b/c it was at night, and glare with the dome light on. only came out good with a closeup of the mileage, but when taking the whole cluster, there was glare.

well, the car has been in the family since new, and i've been driving it since '97. car's a money a pit when i first started driving it, but its been fine the past several years.

a bit off, but does anyone here think modding the car, is sometimes a waste of money? i know my car's old, some rust has appeared, but the engine is still running strong. my gf, thinks i should just sell it and buy a newer car, but i guess i don't want to begin all over again. well, i guess i just need a boost of confidence, before i throw down about $300 to swap to SEi rear disc brakes and upgrade the front as well. found a SEi parts car, but not sure if its going to be worth it. i plan to drive my accord probably till the next timing belt change, maybe 70-80K more miles.

oh, no cupholders, but armrest is still there. tan, but the guy did a half ass guy and spray painted half of it black to match the black dash, and the padding/foam is ripped off just exposing the plastic armrest pad. its a coupe. leather seats are ripped. not sure if anyone wants anything off it, other than maybe the taillights, brake setup, and sway bars.

nswst8
02-02-2004, 04:37 AM
Way to go. Now look at it this way. "Its paid for" And anything is worth restoring or moding if you have an interest. I've come to the point that I've had my for 10 years and I want to try for another 10. With the price of new car these days. I will never buy a new vehicle again.
Plus doesn't mean that I can't buy another used car, just means I can hold out until I find a great deal.
I'm starting to build a stock pile of spare parts now. But most of the parts replaced I've replaced already have a lifetime warranty.
Distributor, P/S pump, outer tie rods, clutch, water pump.
How long can you keep a ride moving.
Hope this helps
NSWST8 :cheers: